Regular Contributor
Max09

BOA/FIA - be careful when you dispute a cc charge

After successfully disputing a small fraudulent cc charge on my boa/fia card. My account is now showing on Experian as CLOSED with a notation: ACCOUNT DISPUTED by consumer .

called the cs number on the back of the card and they said no  the account is still ACTIVE. BUT they did say that everytime a charge is disputed it will report to credit bureaus but it shouldn't show "closed"

now i have to clean up this mess. does anyone have a phone number for FIA card services credit reporting department?  when i asked the cs rep for the number he told me that department does not take phone calls.

thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}