Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Late payments - paid in full later

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Late payments - paid in full later

Hey Chaps,

So I had my BOA account which was closed and setup to be paid off with auto pay - now some how they turned auto pay off in Feb 2011 ------- 3 more payments and it would have been 0. I didn't realize this as I was under the impression it was going to auto pay until 0 been that way for a year + { just kinda forget it and let it pay mind set}

Now its hit my credit report as 2 months late. I paid the full 700 this month very annoyed. Is this something I can dispute off my CR? I hate BOA - I hope to never do business with them again. I mean they have my bank info they pulled the payments forever n ever and suddenly decided to **bleep** my perfect payment record. 

Is there a chance my scores will recover after seeing this balance paid off in full even though 2 late payments were hit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Late payments - paid in full later

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Chaps,

So I had my BOA account which was closed and setup to be paid off with auto pay - now some how they turned auto pay off in Feb 2011 ------- 3 more payments and it would have been 0. I didn't realize this as I was under the impression it was going to auto pay until 0 been that way for a year + { just kinda forget it and let it pay mind set}

Now its hit my credit report as 2 months late. I paid the full 700 this month very annoyed. Is this something I can dispute off my CR? I hate BOA - I hope to never do business with them again. I mean they have my bank info they pulled the payments forever n ever and suddenly decided to **bleep** my perfect payment record. 

Is there a chance my scores will recover after seeing this balance paid off in full even though 2 late payments were hit?

After six months the initial negative impact to your score will start to subside.  But your score won't reach its full potential until those late payments are off your credit reports.  Write BOA a goodwill letter.  If you had auto pay set-up with them, and they fail to withdraw payments then you have a chance to get the late payments removed.  When you write them a letter, send a copy of your bank statement showing that you had money in the bank at the time they were suppose to withdraw payments.  Sorry this happened to you.  Good luck, amixzync!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Late payments - paid in full later

thanks - ill give that a try monday morning

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.