Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Low APR Balance Transfer Offer

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

BOA Low APR Balance Transfer Offer

Just wanted to bring to BOA card holders attention that when I logged into my account this morning I noticed a promotional offer on the right hand side of the page for a Low APR Balance Transfer. I'm sure these offers are tailored for each individual depending on credit worthiness, so yours may be different, and I suppose not everyone may have the offer.

My Offer States:

Low.APR.JPG

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Low APR Balance Transfer Offer

Ugh. but that 4% fee! That's the main reason I got the Slate - no fee at the moment. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 11
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Love your scrolling signature line. . . Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

Ugh. but that 4% fee! That's the main reason I got the Slate - no fee at the moment. 

Yah, that is an ungodly fee, the Slate would be a much better deal on balance transfers. But for those not ready to app for something new just to transfer a balance, this may be an option.

Edit: Thanks Scuba! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I got 2 good offers from Barclays:

0% until April 2014 (2% fee) 17.99 After

0% until October 2014 (3% fee) 17.99 After

I used one for Chase, considering using another next month for my amazon balance.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I used one for Chase, considering using another next month for my amazon balance.

Wow, those are much better deals as far as the fee and APR (After). Of course BOA has never been known for super awesome promo offers aside from their cash back bonus on new accounts. At least to my knowledge...

Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Wow, those are much better deals as far as the fee and APR (After). Of course BOA has never been known for super awesome promo offers aside from their cash back bonus on new accounts. At least to my knowledge...

Haven't seen anyone post about it, only real good offers you get from BofA are new app promos.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Barclay's stopped sending me BT offers heh :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

Just wanted to bring to BOA card holders attention that when I logged into my account this morning I noticed a promotional offer on the right hand side of the page for a Low APR Balance Transfer. I'm sure these offers are tailored for each individual depending on credit worthiness, so yours may be different, and I suppose not everyone may have the offer.

My Offer States:

Low.APR.JPG

Time to call Bank of America and tell then you can't use the BT offer unless they give you more limit than Discover!

BTW, How in the heck did you get triple your highest with Discover... I feel like they consistently give LOWEST! My partners is!

Message 9 of 11
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

I got a similar offer for my BankAmericard Cash Rewards as well. Initially it was 0% until January 2014, but they changed it to 0% until May 2014, then 11.24% APR. I probably won't take advantage of it due to the 4% fee and because I'm still on my 0% for Discover, Chase and Amex until March, May and June, respectively. But its nice to have it at my disposal, especially if they continue to offer it at 0% for one year.

Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.