Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

BOA Luv Button: Am I Ready?

Today is a good day that I've been looking forward to. Finally, I paid off the full balance on my BOA Platinum Visa. It feels good to have a $0 balance.

Question is, how long should I wait to hit that button we all know is staring us in the face? About 2 weeks ago I was carrying almost a $3,000 balance and was declined for an increase. Current CL is $7,200. Is it too soon to try again? Majority rules on this!!
Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Established Contributor
contractor

Re: BOA Luv Button: Am I Ready?

I vote - Call them.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

I vote go for it.

Actually, don't hit the button.  Call a credit analyst instead.  Better chance to get what you want that way.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

If you get a guy that feels the need to tell you he's a "senior" credit analyst within the first 2 minutes, hang-up and call back..just pretend you got disconnected. :smileyvery-happy: 

Seriously, good luck. I think you'd stand a good chance now!
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Majority rules! Thanks for the input, guys. I'm going for it tomorrow.

I will post the results!
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

So, Unc, have you called yet to get a CLI?  Inquiring minds want to know!  :smileyvery-happy:
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Better late than never! I agree with cheddar and the others. Call the back door number.

Sometimes a man just needs to get what he wants.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Hey Guys,

They are calling me back! The last decline showed up in the system, the analyst told me. I told her I had a balance at the time of the request but a 0 balance today!

I'll post the end result later today.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Hey Guys,

Here's the update!! First, I spoke with a CSR. She told me I was preapproved for a 50K line of credit! I wasn't going to take this but for curiousity sake I asked if they still had to do a credit check. She said, "Nope! I can send this right out to you!" I declined but it's certainly nice to know those funds are available.

Next, I spoke with an analyst using the backdoor #. First, I told him my APR was way too high, especially for how I treat the card. Then, I asked if I can convert to the BOA/Amex Acclerated Reward card. He said yes! I've had my eyes on that card. Next, here's the part we've all been waiting for. I asked for the increase on my $7,200 CL. He asked how much I wanted. I told him whatever they want to give. He came back with $15,500!!! Now that's a whopping increase! Loving Bank of America. What do you guys think of this card? They have me 1.9% for 12 months.

Finally, a HUGE thanks to everyone in this forum and for advising me to call. I was going to hit the button until you guys told me otherwise. This forum is a very valuable place! Thanks again guys.
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Big time Congrats Uncle Money !! I thought they did me great two weeks ago when I went from 7500 to 12000 but you did wayyyyyyyyyyyy better. Good for you. Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}