cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Luv Button safe again? ...or get a new CSP??

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

BOA Luv Button safe again? ...or get a new CSP??

Hello all! My profile continues to grow and on Monday was able to get an AMEX Cli to 22.2k which for me is my highest credit line ever. The rest of my profile is as follows:

Chase SLATE 0/8K

BOA Cash Rewards 0/8K

Cap1 QS 900/6K

AMEX BCP 360/22.2K

Verifiable income 80K

Once this new Amex limit reports next month I'd like to maybe use a HP to bump myself up some more in limits. While I don't really feel like adding another account to the mix from a convienience standpoint, I'm not against it as my AAOA is stellar. It's basically come down to a new app for a CSP ( I need a travel/restaurant card) or a HP CLI on my BOA cash rewards. I know CHASE is stingy and bumping the SLATE is prob useless and I have a better shot of opening a new TL w/ them if I want a nicer limit. 

As far as BOA I keep reading posts (albeit from a few years ago up till now) that once people used the BOA luv button that not only did they not get a CLI but they got a CLD! Has this happened recently??

Another question is since my BOA card originated as a MBNA card back in 05' that BOA inherited and PC'd to the cash rewards (since the PC I've had no auto luv) is this account less eligible and viewed differently for CLI since it did not begin its life as a BOA account? Would I just be safer going for a CSP instead?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Luv Button safe again? ...or get a new CSP??

From what i have read hear Chase is better at giving your 2nd card better CL's and since your Slate has 8k you should get over $10 with a CSP if you decide to app for it and get approved. You can also reallocate the Slates CL to the CSP as well I would think 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 16
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

yes, 2 weeks ago, i combined slate cl's - all but $500 was transferred without problems

Message 3 of 16
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I'm not really interested in moving limits around since 1) the limits I have now typically don't make my individual card util an issue on a monthly basis

2) I have read that AMEX in the past has viewed this as a CLD on the one account alhough is was just a reallocation and they had a prob w that.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems many travelers on this website have maximized their earnings with the CSP. May want to take a deep look and see if it won't enhance your card base. For reasons beyond me, it seems there a re few posts related Bank of America so you may want to explore that too?
Message 5 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Marcos8 wrote:

I'm not really interested in moving limits around since 1) the limits I have now typically don't make my individual card util an issue on a monthly basis

2) I have read that AMEX in the past has viewed this as a CLD on the one account alhough is was just a reallocation and they had a prob w that.

Well I still think with what you got you can get a $10k or possibly higher with a CSP approval but that is just my .02 cents 

I don't travel at all pretty much and Spread my usage around that the CSP would be wasted on my but it is a great card imo

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 16
Marcos8
Established Contributor

My first inclination is to try to get the BOA card a healthy credit line increase but the horror stories I've read post financial meltdown of people that had AA after using the online luv button have me gun shy. 

Message 7 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would think your CSP card upon approval would be way north of 10k with an initial 8k approval on Slate.

You could do both. Shoot for the stars for a CLI on BoA say 20k after your CSP approval. Smiley Wink lol!
Message 8 of 16
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Historically has the BOA luv button or CLI request by phone generated the best results?

Is there anyone on our board in recent times that has had any AA/CLD due to a CLI request w/ BOA?
Message 9 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Marcos8 wrote:
Historically has the BOA luv button or CLI request by phone generated the best results?

Is there anyone on our board in recent times that has had any AA/CLD due to a CLI request w/ BOA?

There have been many reports of the luv button being successful with very large numbers. Say 15k,20k,25k etc.

I've not had my large credit lines long enough to have entered into bad economic times to be tested by AA as of yet.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.