Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA MLB Cash Rewards PC to BOA Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA MLB Cash Rewards PC to BOA Cash Rewards

Has anyone here PC'd their MLB Cash Rewards for the regular BOA Cash rewards card?

Only ask becase the regular is a Visa so I can actually use it at Costco for 2% back.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: BOA MLB Cash Rewards PC to BOA Cash Rewards

I don't think you can convert an affialiated card to a boa core card. Chase has the same policy. Some people have done similar things in the past but I think they stopped doing it for customers a while back.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you know what I didn't even put two and two on the affialiate thing but that makes sense.

I guess I will patiently wait and app for the Visa one later on in life LOL I got a mailing for that one but the MLB one had a higher cashback bonus but I didnt realize it was a mastercard until I was looking again ( I know I know what kind of person doesn't realize what they apply for) but I don't really look at what it is ust what it gives me lol

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only bank I have tried it with was Citi, and they moved me from a Citi Dividend card to an AAdvantage card, and then back to the double cash card some time later. I dont know about BoA, but they might be stricter than Citi was

Message 4 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
I don't think you can convert an affialiated card to a boa core card. Chase has the same policy. Some people have done similar things in the past but I think they stopped doing it for customers a while back.

Actually, in this case, it should be fine. Other than the design of the card, the reward system is identical. BOA has many, many versions of the Cash Rewards but they are all the same system. While it is an affiliated card, it's not like it has a different points system or anything.

You should be able to call and request a change to the normal version. It's considered a PC, so being BOA, it does take 2-4 weeks but it can be done.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I was asking because I was considering trying to PC it after i do the bonus spend and all that. Let's see maybe I get the card and love it, who knows lol Thanks for chiming in. If i do decided to do it in a few months I will come back and report.

Message 6 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Actually, in this case, it should be fine. Other than the design of the card, the reward system is identical. BOA has many, many versions of the Cash Rewards but they are all the same system. While it is an affiliated card, it's not like it has a different points system or anything.

You should be able to call and request a change to the normal version. It's considered a PC, so being BOA, it does take 2-4 weeks but it can be done.

Thanks kdm, i wasnt 100% sure as things I read tend to change with boa, with my experiences it was usually a roadblock getting a pc.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to work for boa, this is 100% doable, customer doesn't even have to be pc eligible just make sure the rep requests a visa, its rare but I've seen them just change the design and just leave it as a Mastercard.

Message 8 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I used to work for boa, this is 100% doable, customer doesn't even have to be pc eligible just make sure the rep requests a visa, its rare but I've seen them just change the design and just leave it as a Mastercard.

That is interesting. Thanks for the info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 12
acciofirebolt
Contributor

If you want to keep the MLB card design I think you ask ask them to PC to the Visa version of the card. I get emails from my team about the Visa version of the card but I already have the MC version. I just got the chip card for my MC it looks exactly like the Visa version of the MLB card.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.