Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**BOA New CLI Policy**

tag
davidjb
Valued Member

Re: **BOA New CLI Policy**

I applied for a $3000 increase to my $2000 limit card on the 5th and was denied.  I just received there letter telling me there decisioned was based on my EX Fico score (764) and too many inquires in the past 12 months ( 3 and 0 in the last 6 months ).  lol.  I guess the age of  my credit report is what really got me.  ( 2 yr aaoa 1 yr )  I had the boa card open 8 months now.  No loss for me because it was a soft pull.

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ 767 3/15, EX 789 3/15, TU 762 3/15
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
DonDraper
Established Member

I asked for a CLI (online, then had dreaded discussion w/analyst) first week of December. There was no HP, just a soft on EX. I was turned down because I don't use the card enough as it is.

Message 22 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

I got a soft only on EX when I asked to go from 3,500>5,000 back in July (1 yr anniversary of account).  I calculated that I've spent over $16,000 since opening the account since June of 2010, I wonder if I should go for a CLI request from 5,000>10,000?  I also bank with BofA.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 23 of 24
DonDraper
Established Member

@davidjb wrote:

I applied for a $3000 increase to my $2000 limit card on the 5th and was denied.  I just received there letter telling me there decisioned was based on my EX Fico score (764) and too many inquires in the past 12 months ( 3 and 0 in the last 6 months ).  lol.  I guess the age of  my credit report is what really got me.  ( 2 yr aaoa 1 yr )  I had the boa card open 8 months now.  No loss for me because it was a soft pull.

Don't feel bad. My letter said 795 FICO, I had 0 inquiries, and apparently my 1% utilization was considered dangerously high. Smiley Indifferent

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.