Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA PC question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA PC question.

So about a week and half ago I requested a PC from my BOA Platinum Plus card to the BBR card. It was accepted and I was told it would take 2-4 weeks. Today I logged into my online banking and I saw a new credit card with a new account number. They still have my old account there as well but the thing is BOTH of this cards are showing as a Platinum Plus visa when the new one should be a BBR card...has anyone doing a PC experienced this? I am just wondering if this is the normal process and I should wait and see if it gets changed to the BBR later or if BOA messed up and I should be calling them...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

Re: BOA PC question.

@Anonymous wrote:

So about a week and half ago I requested a PC from my BOA Platinum Plus card to the BBR card. It was accepted and I was told it would take 2-4 weeks. Today I logged into my online banking and I saw a new credit card with a new account number. They still have my old account there as well but the thing is BOTH of this cards are showing as a Platinum Plus visa when the new one should be a BBR card...has anyone doing a PC experienced this? I am just wondering if this is the normal process and I should wait and see if it gets changed to the BBR later or if BOA messed up and I should be calling them...

If you have the existing card as Visa, it will become BBR Visa. If you want MC version, you have to make another request once you receive the card. Dont worry about the online showing duplicates, that will go off in like  2 days. you can read this thread where i was telling about my experience.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/PC-from-BofA-cash-rewards-to-BBR-rewards-Prime-APR-lost/td-p/3351663

Edit: typo

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! It seems that it has been fixed online now and it shows as a Bankamericard Better Balance Rewards platinum plus visa...I was hopping it would become a visa siggy since it has a 9k CL...o well...do you think they would make it a signature visa if I call them?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be very careful when doing PC with BofA.  I ended up with 2 cards because they screwed up and they would not fix it when the new card came.

Message 4 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the info! It seems that it has been fixed online now and it shows as a Bankamericard Better Balance Rewards platinum plus visa...I was hopping it would become a visa siggy since it has a 9k CL...o well...do you think they would make it a signature visa if I call them?

Try it!  I am in the process of the PC from my Cash Rewards Visa Signature and was promised the BBR Visa Signature but I am not sure that card even exists in a Siggy version. So I will find out in about 2 weeks time.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an old Platinum Plus and did a PC recently (wthin the last month) to a Cash Rewards card without any issue. The new card I got was a Signature as I have a 9,500 CL. The online should "fix" itself once the new card arrives and is activated. It may still show old account information until then. That's how it was for me.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you all for the input. I will wait until I get the card in the mail and see. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

I've had a similar experience with BOA.  Back in May I received a pre approved mailer for a plain old MC through them and since I had no other prime cards at the time I accepted the offer and called in immediately after I received the card to PC it to a BBR card.  I was approved and told I would have the card in 6-8 wks, but could use the current one until then.  After a month I finally received the new card only to open the envelope and see a 1-2-3 Cash Rewards Platinum Plus MC instead of the BBR card I had requested.  I called in to find out why I was given this particular card instead thinking that maybe somehow I qualified for this one and not the BBR since the main reason I gave them for wanting to do the PC is the original card had no kind of rewards system, but with so many other rewards cards out there I planned on getting the BBR was the best choice because it would give $100 year regardless of minimum spend.  When I talked with the CSR over the phone (tried chat, but they were totally clueless as to what I was trying to do) and explained the situation and had the CSR look up and tell me that it had nothing to do with what I qualified for that it was the original CSR who put in the request for the 1-2-3 rather then the BBR for whatever reason and that they would fix it and send me another card the right one this time.  During that process the online at one point showed all 3 accounts for a few days!lol  But after another few weeks I did receive my new card which was exactly what it was supposed to be this time and after a few weeks the other account/s fell off online only showing the BBR in the end.  I will say though that all 3 of mine were MC but they DID all 3 have different account numbers!  So if the online is your worry....I wouldn't worry about that, however, given the experience I had with the whole PC process it couldn't hurt to call in and confirm that they requested the right card for the PC.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.