Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA PC to Merrill+ Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA PC to Merrill+ Visa Signature

So it's possible. Although like jsu, I won't be taking a HP for card that I might not need. I'm barely using my PC'd TR card, just didn't need a plain Jane Bankamericard.
Message 31 of 37
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

It feels as though there were folks hoping to prove me wrong when I have no reason to relay false information to the masses. I do find it interesting that you can choose whether or not you get the card in AMEX, Mastercard, or Visa. I did not ascertain that information when on the phone with BoA last night.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think that anyone wanted to prove you wrong, but this is new information to a lot of people. I didn't think accounts could be PC'd either. It's just good for people who don't want to apply for any new accounts.
Message 33 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe anyone was trying to prove you wrong. What has been known about BOA and PCs, especially since late last year, it's a YEMV situation. Same thing with changing the network type of card. What's also peculiar is that typically any ordinary PC with BOA is usually a quick call or chat and would not involve a HP. So, as you can see from jsucool76's experience, it's clearly not something that's easy to do or where some folks have documented successes with PC'ing these two products.

Of noteworthy, when my BOA WWF Cash Rewards was switched networks, I was given the option of VISA or AMEX, but I kept it as WMC instead.
Message 34 of 37
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Damn, saw this thread and was hoping some people had luck or that BoA/Merill changed up their policy on it.

I have the BoA Cash Rewards Visa Signature which is unused at this time due to being worse than my other rewards cards.  Don't have much use for a Travel Card but I don't have one and the Merrill+ would be better than nothing; plus the card design is nicer than the BoA theme IMO.

I've read of and spoken to one person on the Fico forums that was able to get theirs PC'd from BoA to Merill but they seem to the random outlier occurrence.

Message 35 of 37
Sharingan
Established Contributor

They even make applying for the Merrill+ a huge pain. I couldn't imagine trying to go through a PC for it. From what I have read on these boards, BoA has usually been reluctant to PC to the Merrill cards. Actually, before I re-acquired BoA cards this past May (BBR and Merrill+), it was always a no-go trying to PC my BoA cards to even their standard offerings in recent years. 

And yes, the Merrill cards look much better than BoA's cards for sure.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Unless you're at the Plus Level ($50,000 annual spend on the card), you're really not going to see much I suppose. At Plus Level you get complimentary Delta Sky Club lounge membership if that matters for you. There's a variety of decent benefits offered with this card. I definitely prefer this one over the BOA Travel Rewards IME.

well, BoA TR goes up to 2.625% back

This one is a max of 2%, plus other fringe benefits

Worse benefits than CSP (CSP has AF though)

Trip delay: Merrill+ requires 12 hours delay, max of $100/day up to 5 days (CSP is 12 hours or overnight, $500 per ticket)

Auto CDW: Merrill+ only gives you Visa Signature Auto CDW... secondary, not primary (CSP is primary)

https://rewards.ml.com/cms/published/root/rps/pdf/MERRILL_Plus.pdf

As people said above, this card is just like a regular Visa Signature card. Not a lot of benefits

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.