Did you mean: 

BOA PC to Merrill+ Visa Signature

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA PC to Merrill+ Visa Signature

@revjamesl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

I tried to PC my Travel Rewards card to it about a year ago but was told it wasn't possible, hopefully it has changed by now that would be cool. With that said I called back a couple days later and applied over the phone. Fairly easy and was approved for $5k, two months later they gave me a $5k CLI.

Edit: If I remember correctly they gave me a 30 day mesaage though which is typical of them and then they called me back a couple of days later and approved me.

Is there an AF associated with the card? And do you have a banking relationship with BOA?

There is no AF with Merrill+.  I have a banking relationship with BoA/ML & Fidelity but there's no Merrill/BoA relationship pre-requisite (that I'm aware of) to apply for the card.

I would suggest reading up on the benefits to see if this card is a fit before you apply:

https://www.rewards.ml.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=ml

Message 11 of 37
One7
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@revjamesl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

I tried to PC my Travel Rewards card to it about a year ago but was told it wasn't possible, hopefully it has changed by now that would be cool. With that said I called back a couple days later and applied over the phone. Fairly easy and was approved for $5k, two months later they gave me a $5k CLI.

Edit: If I remember correctly they gave me a 30 day mesaage though which is typical of them and then they called me back a couple of days later and approved me.

Is there an AF associated with the card? And do you have a banking relationship with BOA?

There is no AF with Merrill+.  I have a banking relationship with BoA/ML & Fidelity but there's no Merrill+/BoA relationship pre-requisite (that I'm aware of) to apply for the card.

I would suggest reading up on the benefits to see if this card is a fit before you apply:

https://www.rewards.ml.com/RWDapp/ns/home?mc=ml

+1

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA loves me!! I actually will not apply for another card until I trim the fat. That being said, If anyone has any luck PCIng, let me know!
Message 13 of 37
bluediamond63
Valued Member

The Merrill+ card looks very nice but the benefits and rewards seem underwhelming to me.

Message 14 of 37
bobbay
Established Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

Just got off the phone with a BOA representative and she said if you already have a BOA credit card you can request a PC to the Merrill+ Visa Signature. BOA would then review your profile and make a decision. Has anyone done this and been successful?

I had a ML account years ago but transferred to UBS (United Bank of Switzerland) and I just assumed you had to have an active ML account in order to have access to the card. I'm glad I called to ask about the requirements.

Union Bank of Switzerland went bellie up in the LTCM crisis and was aquired by rival SBC then renamed UBS AG to play on the history and reputation of USB but they went down the tubes in 1998 a la "when genious fails"

Merrill credit products are all FIA issued so yes same stuff different lable

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 15 of 37
jsucool76
Super Contributor

blurdiamond63

its 1 pt per door, but those points are worth 2 cents when redeemed for airfare (under 500$) from what I understand.
Message 16 of 37
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Tweeted at BoA today and asked this question, woman called me back and was like "well you can fill out an application." So I said "well that isn't changing my card, that is applying for a new card not changing my account." So she said "Well, gve me a second and we'll call the department that services those cards and see what we can do" 

On the phone now waiting to see whats up. 

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingers crossed!
Message 18 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

jsucool76 - that's a looooong wait time just to review if your account is PC-elegible XD
Message 19 of 37
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
jsucool76 - that's a looooong wait time just to review if your account is PC-elegible XD

(had dinner too so it didnt take QUITE that long) 

Spoke with my lady, she transferred me to a dept..they said "oh we have to transfer you to this dept" 

Transfer me there, the guy goes "oh we have to transfer you" and mah gurllll from the "Enterprise Customer Service Team" jumps in (she was in the background not talking) and goes "EXCUSE ME! Where does this number go, because I can't have you transferring a customer in circles all day long" and the guy goes "who are you" and she goes "I'm <Name> with the enterprise customer service team" and he goes "oh...let me find a direct number (which never happened)" 

While he's "looking" she goes "Mr <me> do you want to wait on the line or do you want me to just call you back once we find a number?" I go "I'm fine waiting" and the CSR (not my lady the one we're waiting on) goes "Who is that" and my lady goes "That's the customer you're supposed to be assisting"

I actually laughed when this happened. 

Guy ended up transferring us, ended up in a menu system which asked for my card number, I entered it, asked for the last 4 of my social, i entered it...then it said "please hold" then asked for my card # and social again...so I hung up. 

Lady calls me back a few minutes later and goes "I'm sorry I need reverify your info" we do that...and she just goes....

"I am so sorry......I found the number you need to call, I can call in with you right now" and I had to go to dinner, so she left me that number, and her direct extension and said "if you have ANY issues, call me and I will get them resolved immediately" 

Now I go to call the # she gives me and it just goes "all representatives are busy" and hangs up. Really? Not even gonna let me hold? 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.