Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA PC

tag
JWest
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA PC

Thanks for the answer one last thing since I've only had my secured card for 5 months and got it converted, do you think its to early to request an increase?

Message 11 of 21
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Since OP's topic has been answered -

For someone who rarely uses their 1-2-3 and always PIF's anyways, would the BBR award me $25 per quarter for any quarter I use it and PIF? That seems like I'd be getting $100/year guaranteed v.s. 3%/2%/1% on the little amount of spending I put on the card.

As long as you have a balance each month and pay more than the minimum payment (on-time) you will receive the $25 per quarter.  If you have a BoA qualifying account you would get an additional $5 per quarter (total $120 per year).

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 21
zeedakay

@JWest wrote:

Thanks for the answer one last thing since I've only had my secured card for 5 months and got it converted, do you think its to early to request an increase?

if you have a secured card you'd have to wait until the card "graduates" and becomes unsecured before elegibility for an increase

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Current Scores: EQ FICO 685 (03/25/2014), EX N/A, TU FICO 697 (04/14/2014)
Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 12/2013 - No apps until 2015
Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Message 13 of 21
JWest
Regular Contributor

But they just allowed me to convert it to the better balance rewards card, so its still secured even after being converted?

Message 14 of 21
zeedakay

I believe so. As far as I know there isn't a way to pc out of a secured card. If you get a refund of the original deposit you made when opening the account in the next month and it hasn't been a year since you opened the account then you beat the system lol. You can always call customer service and verify. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Message 15 of 21
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Took about 3 weeks to PC mine.

Message 16 of 21
JWest
Regular Contributor

The crazy part is I've never had to send in a security deposit when I first applied
Message 17 of 21
zeedakay

Did you list a checking account when applying for the card or do you have a checking account with BoA?

Message 18 of 21
JWest
Regular Contributor

I just recently opened it a month ago maybe but didn't have one when applying you see I applied for a regular card but got this counter offer but it never asked for a deposit
Message 19 of 21
zeedakay

Hmm that's interesting. Usually when you accept a secured card, the reason why its secured is there is a sum of money equal to your credit line that's used as collateral incase you don't pay. If your credit line is $300 then that $300 should be missing from one of your deposit accounts. If it isn't then you might just have a regular card with a low credit line. If either of these scenarios is not the case then I have no idea what you have lol. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.