Regular Contributor
rebuilder

BOA Platinum Visa, subprime?

[ Edited ]
I got a BOA secured card about a year ago with a balance of $300.  After about 7 months they sent me my money back and upped my limit to $800.  My question is -- Is this a subprime card? 

It is listed in my BOA accounts as BOA Platinum Plus Visa.  It has about 19.24% int.  The low CL and high int. imply that it is a subprime card.  Does BOA do both prime and subprime?

Thanks. 

Message Edited by rebuilder on 09-06-2007 09:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: BOA Platinum Visa, subprime?

BofA is so far removed froom subprime, that there is no comparison to make.
Frequent Contributor
credit4me

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by credit4me on 08-31-2007 10:32 AM

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 724
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
credit4me

Brammy,  even secured? You learn something everyday on here...

Starting Score: 576
Current Score: 724
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Even Amex has cards with high interest rates and no one would breathe a word about them being subprime. Although you existing limits can disqualify you from other cards, limits are increased  on regular review as a reflection of your payment history. Whether a card is secured or not does not classify it as subprime. Some secured cards don't even report the secured status.
Regular Contributor
rebuilder

That's fantastic news.  Thanks Brammy. 

I planned on keeping this card anyways since it is the first card I got when reestablishing my credit & therefore want to keep the history, but I also, in wanting to establish long-term credit, want to make sure I have a prime card.

I guess I should just hold on to this card and wait for my CR to improve, then request CLI and request a lower int. rate?? 

Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Keep the card, keep utilization low and BofA will gladly give you more.  Great news about the upgrade!!!  You are well on your way!
builder

BoA just approved me world mc with 8k CL, haven't got card yet but will try for CLI when activate. They pulled EX mine was 638 Fico at time. :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Wow, Congrats! That's a huge CL for your score. Do you have other CCs with similar CLs?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

New Contributor
DuckHunter

I have a BOA question.  Off and on, I get these letters from ca stating that my dw owes them money.  She wrote them back many, years ago, (no she did not request a signature or return receipt), that was before we knew better.   We have never had an account withe them, it has never (that we are aware of) shown up on her cr, but, if we were to try for a bank card with them, would her info still be in their memory banks?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}