cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Pre-Approved Offers on website (none for me ......)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Pre-Approved Offers on website (none for me ......)

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
We've been playing with this site here on the forums for about 6 months that I can remember. Does anyone remember seeing pre-approvals after they've gotten a card?

I think that mine displayed for another week or two, and then they went away.

Alternatively, maybe they used to let you pull up pre-apps, but no longer. I would think that the members here alone have probably crashed their site several times, lol.

I got my card on April 9 and currently have preapprovals that expire on 6/21.

No such luck for me. Received my card May 2. When I tried the preapprovals link it says: Your offers are no longer available Welcome back. Your limited time only online preapproved offers are no longer available. Your offers have either expired or you have already accepted an online preapproved offer. If your offers have expired, you may select and apply for the credit card of your choice at www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this just a soft hit for the pre approval site. Just curious I would like to check.

soft
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

good, i'll be right back.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

PurpleHaze wrote:

No such luck for me. Received my card May 2. When I tried the preapprovals link it says: Your offers are no longer available Welcome back. Your limited time only online preapproved offers are no longer available. Your offers have either expired or you have already accepted an online preapproved offer. If your offers have expired, you may select and apply for the credit card of your choice at www.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/

Well, my original pre-approvals were for the three standard cards, and I accidentally hit the "Accept Offer" button even though I wasn't ready to apply.  Once I did that my offers went away and I received the same message you did.

A couple of weeks later I decided to do a cold app for the Rewards Amex, since I knew I had been preapproved for it before, even though the offer was supposedly no longer available.  After I was approved for that card, I checked my preapprovals again just to see what would come up, and I got the same offers, EXCEPT that in place of the Rewards Amex I got an offer for the Accelerated Rewards Amex.  Those are the offers I still have.

(In the meaintime, though, I've done a product change from Rewards Amex to Accelerated Rewards Amex and used my preapproval for the card I wanted as leverage to get it done.)

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my BofA card upgraded to a Worldpoints(with a giant CLI) and get preapproved offers 3 or 4 times a week in the mail. Just wanted to check to see what Cl's they would offer.

Thank you

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online credit card offers at this time. This could be due to any number of reasons, including incomplete information, credit bureau availability, or your credit history.

However, you can take advantage of these other Bank of America product offerings to help you start or build your credit, save money or open an account:

I guess they want me to start with the secured all over again. :-)
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

RGordon,
I received the same message that you did and I definately don't want to start over with their secured card.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
RGordon,
I received the same message that you did and I definately don't want to start over with their secured card.

I am sure that they just think I have enough credit extended to me. They are right. My CL's over four credit cars is almost $40,000. And my amex charge card. I will be alright for now:-)
Message 27 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It might be a matter of timing, as well. Before I got a card, I had pre-approvals, which I didn't take, and they display for a while and then fell off. For the next little while (can't remember how long now), I couldn't get any pre-approvals, and then they started up again.

So perhaps there's a cycle involved, maybe involving when they regularly soft people (quarterly, or whatever.)

edit to add:I just pulled a full EQ report to confirm a shaky memory: BofA always did the online softs on Equifax, even though they pull EX for the actual app. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Here's when they have softed me:

PRM-BANK OF AMERICA 04/02/08
PRM ONL-Bank of America 02/14/08, 12/06/07

I think the April soft was for a mailed offer, but notice how the others say "PRM ONL", which looks like online promotion to me.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-03-2008 09:47 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 29
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

you

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with any special online credit card offers at this time. This could be due to any number of reasons, including incomplete information, credit bureau availability, or your credit history.

However, you can take advantage of these other Bank of America product offerings to help you start or build your credit, save money or open an account:

------------------------------------
I got the same thing and had to laugh because I do have a checking and savings account with them. Maybe I'm invisible........... I guess I'll wait until after my vacation and see if I can get their secured card.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.