cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Pre-qualified offers, what does it take?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Pre-qualified offers, what does it take?

They've never had any pre-qualified offers for me, but the two cards I went for were approved after a call.  Two calls isn't much intel to go from, but both were very pleasant conversations.

Message 11 of 14
Joebunaga
New Contributor

I hadn't checked until just now, after reading this thread. Three offers... I keep a little money in checking, use the debit card, cc and savings. But no investment account and no cash amounts more than $2k total. Not sure how they compute their prequalifiers. Got the card via a flyer, set up everything else online for a couple of their savings offers and to keep the accounts at "no cost".

I can't believe you like money too. We should hang out.

FICO(Barclay1\22\15) TU: 798 | FICO EX: 780 | FICO EQ(2\12\15):808 | In the Garden from 5/8/14 until ???
UFCU Visa $5k | Cap1 QS $10K | Jetblue Amex $18K | CSP $6.5K | Amex Green (NPSL) | Chase Freedom $18k | Sallie Mae WMC $15.5k| BoA 1-2-3 Visa $7.5k | Amex Everyday $16k | Amex Fidelity $10k |
Message 12 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I never get pre-qual things on websites. I get mailers though, I wonder if it has anything to do with at one time signing for the opt-out thing.
Message 13 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bigblue7722 wrote:
I wish I knew what it takes. My score has gone up 100 points sense I got my secured card in April 2013 I still can't get any pre qualified offers. Nor will they unsecure my card. If at the one year mark they don't I'm gonna close it.

you should be at 9 months this month right? that is earliest they will unsecure... you asked lately after the 9th statement?

I havent asked lately i think the last time was 2 months. Everytime I call they want to hp me. I am hoping the more I call though the more they would be willing to unsecure it. Who knows the reps say it is all done by a computer program or something like that. I did catch a bad break from when the last time they sp me cause it was 12/6 the last time i checked about a month ago in january. I think on like 12/10 my usa funds report got deleted so my score went way up. My 9th statment is gonna be on the 9th I am hoping they soft pull me again and unsecure the card. I want to do my happy dance lol, 2014 has been rough so far with the snow and the cold in CT 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.