Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Preapproval Offers -*Update* They Gave Me More Whooo Hoooo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Preapproval Offers -Help Me Make The Right Decision

WHAT ... you don't have what I need at your fingertips Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, thanks for the info.  I will wait awhile ... at least until noon tomorrow lol
Message 11 of 23
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 04-24-2008 09:54 PM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info ... and the hope. I was at 645 on all three, however I applied and received a Macy's w/$1000 limit so I dont know how the inquiry affected my score. I will wait until next week because curiosity killed the cat. Does anyone know if BOA uses outsourced call centers?

@scapegrace13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
WHAT ... you don't have what I need at your fingertips Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, thanks for the info.  I will wait awhile ... at least until noon tomorrow lol

I'm a secretary, PH, so I ALWAYS have what you need at my fingertips! Smiley Wink

BofA Credit Analysts:  1-866-865-7842. 

But give it a few hours before you call - I'd say at least 4, to make sure they can find your app.

I app'd online for my 2nd BofA card, and they still couldn't find it 6 hours later - ended up re-apping and unknowingly creating a DUPLICATE app that got declined because the 1st one actually DID go through and got approved.

Fortunately, they were kind enough to remove the duplicate hard inq for me, but be patient when calling to check status, and be prepared for a 2nd inq on a diff CRA (they did this to me), and some questions.

I had EX 637 when they approved me for a $5K AmEx.  Smiley Happy

Good luck!! 

Message 13 of 23
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

No outsourcing - and they are professional and nice!

Please see another thread for my app saga which continues. Short story is I got the pre-appr for the three cards o/l ($1,500 CL each), I app'ed o/l (got the 30 day message), called back within a few hours and found that I had already been approved for $2,500. I now have the physical AMEX card (the clear one, too), but still need to get with them on the phone for an activation CLI.

When that is done I am seriously considering app'ing PenFed before I BT. I need a 5% kickback on my gasoline badly.

N.B.: The 0% on AMEX Rewards is BT's only - no purchases. The 0% on the PP is BT's and transfers. Any purchase you make on that AMEX will not be paid until you PIF. I am happy with that and will BT to the card and SD it until I pay it off. I will be moving 32% money to 0%.
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jmbfl wrote:
No outsourcing - and they are professional and nice!

Please see another thread for my app saga which continues. Short story is I got the pre-appr for the three cards o/l ($1,500 CL each), I app'ed o/l (got the 30 day message), called back within a few hours and found that I had already been approved for $2,500. I now have the physical AMEX card (the clear one, too), but still need to get with them on the phone for an activation CLI.

When that is done I am seriously considering app'ing PenFed before I BT. I need a 5% kickback on my gasoline badly.

N.B.: The 0% on AMEX Rewards is BT's only - no purchases. The 0% on the PP is BT's and transfers. Any purchase you make on that AMEX will not be paid until you PIF. I am happy with that and will BT to the card and SD it until I pay it off. I will be moving 32% money to 0%.

Thanks for that info. Would you mind telling me what your scores are and how long did you wait before you called?
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

*UPDATED* BOA Preapproval Offers -Help Me Make The Right Decision

well here is the update ...

Called the BOA credit analysts to look at my app for the BOA $1500 AMEX. Gentleman placed me on hold, then returned and stated I could not be approved due to the amount of delinquencies in my report. My rebuttal was how old they were and my current four year history is spotless. In addition, I was granted two new cards this year and CLI's. When I asked what delinquencies he was referring to, he stated he wouldnt go into that and I would receive a letter in the mail. He further advised I was not eligible for a unsecured card with them but may be able to get a secured. I put on my sweet voice (cuz he sounded like he was tired of hearing this all day and ready for the war) and asked was there anything I was qualified for. Intially he said no, but I think he took pity on me and said he would check something.

He approved me for a $500 AMEX with the same terms. So a small victory for me.  I now have the prime card that I needed/wanted. So even though it is 1/3 of the initial preapproval offer, it is a small victory and I hope for additional CLI's. So like HTSU, I will now start my credit gardening with the little I have and begin building my history.  
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *UPDATED* BOA Preapproval Offers -Help Me Make The Right Decision

Congrats, PurpleHaze!  Even though it's not the CL you expected, and you kind of went the roundabout way of getting it, it still had a happy ending.

BofA is great about growing with you, too.  Treat it well, and your $500 card will be much bigger than that in no time.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheddar.  BTW ... congrads on your victory as well.  Someday I will pull up in a chair beside you at the 700 club Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

After getting turned down by Citi because of an old public record I decided to get even by apping B of A. Went after the Platinum Plus online and was approved in 30 seconds for $21K! It's my highest CL ever so suddenly I'm a big B of A fan.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats, PurpleHaze!  Even though it's not the CL you expected, and you kind of went the roundabout way of getting it, it still had a happy ending.

BofA is great about growing with you, too.  Treat it well, and your $500 card will be much bigger than that in no time.

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just wanted to give an update. Pulled my TC today and my new approved BOA AMEX Rewards began reporting on the 25th ... with a $1000 limit. I realize for many here that is not much, however considering where I started, and the drama I went thru to get the card, I am pretty darn excited. Woot Woot ... Whoooo Hoooo ... and Yippeee Smiley Happy

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 04-30-2008 09:54 AM

Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 04-30-2008 09:54 AM
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.