Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Product Change

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

BOA Product Change

This is probably a question I shouldn't be concerned with for about a year, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to change a BofA Secured Card over to a Travel Rewards card once the secured card graduates.

Just thinking about the future

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Product Change

Highly doubt this is possible.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 2 of 10
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks...I figured, but was hoping there would be a chance

Message 3 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

I'll be changing my BoA Cash Rewards unsecured card to Travel Rewards next week. They told me by chat that my account qualify for PC.

I read that you can't PC to BBR and there are some reports in the forum from people that PC the CR to TR no problem.

I was going to do it last week, but I need the card to go to $25 in rewards to cash out before tranfer. One user here was able to get the partial amount refunded, PC the card and got the 10K bonus. I want to have the card ready with $0 cash rewards balance and only ask for the bonus and change it to travel.

EDIT: some time ago I think I read from a user that got the regular secured card and instead of asking BoA to add the Cash Rewards feature to it, he asked for Travel Rewards and they approved and they sent them a new card and it was Travel Rewards secured. If your card is a regular (no rewards) secured card then chat/call with them until you found someone that help you getting the card some rewards.

Message 4 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes! I didn't have a secured card but I had a "rebuilder" card it was unsecured and after 2 months I was able to PC it to cash rewards. They were gonna let me do TR as well but I decided on cash. Call and ask! BofA is very good with PCs!

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, when the time comes to consider your PC (i.e. after it unsecures), just contact them to see what options might be available.  It's likely the BBR would still be restricted but the Travel Rewards is still available for PC.

I was given the option a couple months ago to PC one of my Cash Rewards CCs to the Travel Rewards but I passed on that offer for a better one instead.

Message 6 of 10
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks all. I'd like to be able to do it without a HP if possible.  I'm planning on not applying for anything for 24 months from now to let everything clear up. I'd like to get a mortgage. I do travel frequently so the rewards will be helpful if I can PC. I'm hoping my graduation will be early

Message 7 of 10
quickstrike
Valued Member

I have a cash rewards card too.  What made you decide to switch to the Travel rewards card?  I'm debating it also.

Message 8 of 10
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I travel alot and it will be more beneficial to me than cash.

Message 9 of 10
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yes PCs are done without hard pulls.

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.