Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA RECON

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA RECON

Does anyone have a good BOA recon number this number 1-302-741-1825 doesnt seem to be active.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA RECON

Yesterday I called 866-865-7842 and the credit dept analyst was very helpful when I asked for a manual review in response to a recently denied CLI request. 

Not only did I get the requested cli on my plat plus visa, I also was offered a BoA Amex (which I gladly accepted)!  Recon is definitely worth a try.

Good luck!!

Message Edited by lurknomore on 04-15-2008 06:38 PM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had success reconing on a denied credit card request with BOA? I got offered the fully secured card do you think they could offer me the 99/500 card?
Message 3 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I called today and tried a recon with them, no go, but the rep told me they sent me a 99/500 approval with the denial letter...lol Smiley Very HappyI  I'm going to call back tomorrow and try again.  Can't hurt to call.  B of A really likes people with long histories though.  Short histories get the secured offers according to the credit analyst I spoke with.  Once you establish a good history with them, they are pretty quick  (6-9 months) to unsecure you. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called this number as well and talked to Mark who was very helpful.
My story: yesterday I applied for Chase, Discover and BOA after paying off my old low limit/high interest cards and improving my credit.

Discover said yes and gave me 3800 instantly.
Chase and BOA said they needed more time to process.

Today I called Chase for recon and was told No, I have too many inquiries and my accounts are too new. 

Then I tried BOA at the number above.  I have two other BOA accounts, one PIF and another revolving line with 2000/5000 so this might have been part of the reason they were so helpful...maybe, maybe not.  Mark said I had excellent credit and have never paid a bill late and he'd be glad to help me process this app over the phone.  He asked me to verify my job and income and then said he could approve me for a 5000 CL as well as the BOA Amex for 2500 as well!!!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a credit analyst look at your account and CLD  or rate jack you when you call to recon a CLI denial?
Message 6 of 8
granny031350
Established Contributor

I got my denial letter today for B of A and no 99/500 in the envelope, only fully secured.  Would it help to try for 99/500 on recon?

just called.  Rep told me it is based on credit file.  I have a Bk (actually I have more than 1 Smiley Sad) so that is why I was offered only fully secured.  Those with no BK but poor credit get the 99/500. 

But the fully secured will grow with me just as much as the partially secured

Message Edited by granny031350 on 06-04-2008 01:53 PM
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

99/500 is a computer offered card based on applying for the plat. visa, not a representative offered card isn't it?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.