tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Recon CLI?

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

I just clicked the CLI button and received a $5,000 increase on my card but I'm still below $10k on the card. I'd like for my BOA card to be in line with the rest of my limits, but more importantly I've got into the habit of using it as my primary card even when my other cards would benefit me more with rewards. Therefore, I need a medium sized limit so I don't bump into the limit or even go near it or have to make mid-cycle payments for that matter.

Anyway, just wanted to get some advice from folks familiar with BOA. Should I call and ask for an analyst to "recon" the CLI and ask for it to be $10,000? Or should I just ask for a PC to a signature Visa to give me the flexibility of exceeding my limit if needed or should I go for both? I've read a little bit about it and some have had good experiences with both routes.

Bank of America experts experience/advice appreciated! Thanks!!

You can call the number on the back of your card and ask to be given a Siggy . It will take about 4 weeks to get it.

what was your limit before you ask for CLI ?

how much did you ask for ? 

How much of it did they give you ? ( what's the new limit )

how much spend do you use a month on it ?

whats your TU Fico score ?

you can call the back door and ask them to grant you the full $10k. If not , just wait 3 months for the button to reappear .

if you have a strong profile insay call, but if it's shaky , I would just deal with the computer for the increases .

Are you still planning to recon the CLI credit_hawk?

I did. No go. They told me they already bumped it a lot this time and just to use it some more and in a few months I can request again. I've had a weird relationship with them from the start. I applied for it and they denied me even though I have a clean file and good scores. My card limit average is around 10k. So I reconned, got in at 2k, then they bumped me to 7 last night though I asked for 10. 

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:
Thanks for the prompt response. That makes sense then. He did tell me I had to cash out the rewards in case I get a new card number I'd lose them. I told him to mail the check then since I have 0 balance but it's still showing as not being redeemed online. Maybe it takes a few days to update? I just don't want to lose anything if he accidentally didn't send the check out, the account did change and I lost the $120.

If you're concerned about losing your cash back, redeem the rewards yourself. It's a very simple process. 

Thanks for responding. I was thinking about just doing it myself but was worried about sending another request through if the CSR already put one through. It prob doesn't matter though.

You're welcome. If CS put through the request, I'm assuming the system won't allow you to submit another one. You could always try and see what happens. I haven't done it myself so I can't give you a definitive answer. I have mine set up for auto redemption.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

Hey guys,

I just clicked the CLI button and received a $5,000 increase on my card but I'm still below $10k on the card. I'd like for my BOA card to be in line with the rest of my limits, but more importantly I've got into the habit of using it as my primary card even when my other cards would benefit me more with rewards. Therefore, I need a medium sized limit so I don't bump into the limit or even go near it or have to make mid-cycle payments for that matter.

Anyway, just wanted to get some advice from folks familiar with BOA. Should I call and ask for an analyst to "recon" the CLI and ask for it to be $10,000? Or should I just ask for a PC to a signature Visa to give me the flexibility of exceeding my limit if needed or should I go for both? I've read a little bit about it and some have had good experiences with both routes.

Bank of America experts experience/advice appreciated! Thanks!!

You can call the number on the back of your card and ask to be given a Siggy . It will take about 4 weeks to get it.

what was your limit before you ask for CLI ?

how much did you ask for ? 

How much of it did they give you ? ( what's the new limit )

how much spend do you use a month on it ?

whats your TU Fico score ?

you can call the back door and ask them to grant you the full $10k. If not , just wait 3 months for the button to reappear .

if you have a strong profile insay call, but if it's shaky , I would just deal with the computer for the increases .

Are you still planning to recon the CLI credit_hawk?

I did. No go. They told me they already bumped it a lot this time and just to use it some more and in a few months I can request again. I've had a weird relationship with them from the start. I applied for it and they denied me even though I have a clean file and good scores. My card limit average is around 10k. So I reconned, got in at 2k, then they bumped me to 7 last night though I asked for 10. 

You may receive better results if you wait the full 6 months between requests. Good luck!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.