Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Rewards American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Rewards American Express

I
I just got approved for BOA American Express with a 5000 cl. Does anyone else have this card and if so can you tell me the good points? I got it through their soft pull website. Bank fo America Rewards American Express Card. No annual fee 0% intro APR on BT and cash advance for 1st 12 billing cycles. Receive a $50 statement credit after qualifying transaction(s) §§

Message Edited by kasowell on 01-25-2008 07:50 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Rewards American Express

man i just appd that card last night! same cl from the soft pull as well. did you get an instant yes? i got a 30 day were gonna think about it. congrats!
Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new card.  Though it is issued by BOA it has all the Amex features and benefits. WTG. Congrats.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an instant yes on 1/22 (Tuesday) and it showed up on credit file today. I haven't gotten the card yet but I got the tradeline on file.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

kasowell wrote:
I got an instant yes on 1/22 (Tuesday) and it showed up on credit file today. I haven't gotten the card yet but I got the tradeline on file.

again, very cool. kind of bummed about my hopes now. oh well, maybe the fifth time i app it will be the charm?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried their soft pull about weekly and everytime they said I should try the secured card or nothing and then all of a sudden they said I was preapproved for about three or four. I did just pay off my auto loan and that started reporting so that may have been the reason they changed their mind.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

^
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey kasowell,

Congrats on your approval!  One question for you:  Do you know what your APR will be after your 0% intro period ends?  I got a preapproval for this card and like I've seen for most people, the offer stated 9.9% fixed after the intro period.  Then I saw a post where someone got a different rate of 15-ish after they were approved!

I'm planning to apply for this card later this year, but now I'm leary about the possiblity of bait and switch on the APR.  Did you actually get the 9.9%?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this card a month ago. I got the 9.9% rate and my scores were high 600's and low 700's.
Message 9 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

A BofA American Express.  My worst nightmare.  Right out of a Stephen King novel.  I can see now.  I dont even use the card and the balance keeps getting bigger and even if I pay, it is always late.  It also starts to push my other credit cards or out my wallet, after maxing them out of course,
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.