Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Rocks!!!

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BOA Rocks!!!

The "good" people are usually at work between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm EST on weekdays Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 29
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

LOL.  Looks like there is a science after all!  My first try was shortly after 1am EST.  I went into my branch on a Wednesday during normal hours, and assumed everything was fine, until I received the notice to call. That call was made on a Saturday around 3pm.

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

@Open123 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

The first card is all that matters, and from then on your credit journey will be smooth sailing. Smiley Happy

Right, no one wants to be the "first" one.  

Banks have this "pioneers" get slaughtered mentality, and would much rather follow after the way has been paved.  They all fall in line, once you get a TL or two, some positive history, and show you can handle credit.

+1

Message 23 of 29
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 24 of 29
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I hope everything works out for you with boa forumpheen! Boa is the first lender that gave me a chance. I was originally denied a unsecured card (2 pulls) and then a few weeks later I got the invite for the 99/500. I sent in the paperwork and took 1 more hp but it was worth it in the end. Whem I called a few weeks ago for the first cli, they pulled me once on tu. Then when I called back a few days ago to request the visa signature, they used the same tu pull. Be sure to tell them you have a pull within the past 30 days. I called the backdoor analyst number in the sticky.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 25 of 29
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

Last August I opened the 99/500 credit card with Boa. I have used it much and treated it well. They upgraded me at 9 months to unsecured and I got a cli to 2000.00. I have really been wanting a Visa Signature card but don't really want to apply for anything else. So I called Boa today and asked if my credit limit could be raised to 5000.00 and my card become a Visa Signature. I answered all the normal questions and they approved me after a few minutes on hold. They used the same pull from 2 weeks ago which was awesome!! I will get a new card and card number but they said it will still show the account opened in August and my rewards will transfer over. I am super excited!!!

So how does the signature card show different on my credit report? Will it just not factor in my utility?

Congrats! I guess things have changed with BOA since 2003. I had a BOA account in 2003 and we didn't quite see eye to eye back then. Once again, nice job!

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 29
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

Last August I opened the 99/500 credit card with Boa. I have used it much and treated it well. They upgraded me at 9 months to unsecured and I got a cli to 2000.00. I have really been wanting a Visa Signature card but don't really want to apply for anything else. So I called Boa today and asked if my credit limit could be raised to 5000.00 and my card become a Visa Signature. I answered all the normal questions and they approved me after a few minutes on hold. They used the same pull from 2 weeks ago which was awesome!! I will get a new card and card number but they said it will still show the account opened in August and my rewards will transfer over. I am super excited!!!

So how does the signature card show different on my credit report? Will it just not factor in my utility?

Congrats on the new card.  And on thinking up an eye-catching subject line!  I don't think I've seen so much positive comment on BoA on this board for a long time.  I do still have one of their cards, my oldest (38 years!).  But I still have a sour taste in my mouth whenever I use it, remembering the 50% CLD they hit me with back in 2009, at the start of this current Second Depression.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 29
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

I got my 99/500 last sept couldn't have been happier graduated at 9 months with a 2000 limit I requested a CLI of 3000 so my CL is 5000 now not bad for 9 months!! Was just originally looking to get a head start on my credit history as I don't live in the US so I don't have an SSN I've been banking with BofA for 18months and I'm delighted with them! Would defo recommend this card for anyone looking to build
BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 28 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Duke-of-Earl

Exactly my feelings with BoA! They CLD my parents cc and they had been with them since 1961! For that reason, I can't bring myself to even walk into a BoA. Guess its time for me to let that go. Smiley Sad
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.