Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA SOFT PULL FOR CLI

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

BOA SOFT PULL FOR CLI

For the first time since BOA revamped their online credit card cli link with the phrase "you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report" I ended up yesterday doing the request  and checked my BOA online account today and my request for $1,000.00 ( did not want to push it) was granted it was a SOFT pull on my EX report with yesterday's date when I checked today.  Just wanted to put the information out there that you never know with BOA

around 13% utilization

3 brand new accounts this year

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA SOFT PULL FOR CLI

@tray wrote:

For the first time since BOA revamped their online credit card cli link with the phrase "you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report" I ended up yesterday doing the request  and checked my BOA online account today and my request for $1,000.00 ( did not want to push it) was granted it was a SOFT pull on my EX report with yesterday's date when I checked today.  Just wanted to put the information out there that you never know with BOA

around 13% utilization

Perhaps there may be a trend here we overlook...

How long have you had the card?

Do you bank with them?

Which product do you have with them?

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@tray wrote:

around 13% utilization

Perhaps there may be a trend here we overlook...

How long have you had the card?

Do you bank with them?

Which product do you have with them?

I have the platinum plus worldpoints visa, I have had this card since 07, this was my 1st cc in my credit rebuilding phase, it was a secured card which graduated to unsecured then converted to worldpoints, I can remember when my card became unsecured I could NEVER get a CLI always a denial even when speaking with a rep

and now they are granting cli's without speaking with any rep last cli was six months ago, and I do have a savings account, not much invested though.

Message 3 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Update:  2 days after I wrote this thread an alert came from true credit monitoring service a change in cr, went to check and behold a HARD PULL from BOA, my last cli was a soft pull no exceptions, well I recon from now on hard pulls for cli's from BOA from here on.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night I requested CLI online, got a message to call to complete the decision. I called and got denied for the amount I asked for at around 10PM. Then I got an alert from Amex CMS this morning of hard pull on my TU at 2.30 AM last night. It's weird that hard pull was actually done after the decision was made just for the sake of punishment.Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last night I requested CLI online, got a message to call to complete the decision. I called and got denied for the amount I asked for at around 10PM. Then I got an alert from Amex CMS this morning of hard pull on my TU at 2.30 AM last night. It's weird that hard pull was actually done after the decision was made just for the sake of punishment.Smiley Indifferent

Its very likely they pulled your CR to make the decision. The alert you received from your monitoring service is simply an alert that your CR was pulled recently. When I applied for a CC or for a CLI, I normally get my alerts the next morning, sometimes a full day before I even get an alert.

Message 6 of 13
dp321
Regular Contributor

Is this an usual phenomenom? I just request CLI through BoA and it was not hard from either TU or EQ, and they were report the new credit lines already. So it must be EX then?

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
dp321
Regular Contributor

It was a soft for me... I had it increased more than a week ago. Got the same message to call but didn't. Was going from $1000 to $1500 and it's a Student Platinum Plus

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

A couple of months ago I requested CLI's on my 2 BoA accounts (both denied BTW) and they pulled EX and told ne it would be a hard pull but I haven't checked my reports lately to see if it's true.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 13
smc733
Valued Contributor

I actually tweeted BoA_Help about this and had them give me a phone call from someone who I assumed was high up...

They gave me the same boilerplate about the new CARD act.  When I told her Amex and Citi don't do it, she claimed they were in violation of the act.  I immediately knew the script I was dealing with, so I thanked her for her time and hung up.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.