Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA SOFT PULL FOR CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA SOFT PULL FOR CLI

I seriously doubt that ccc's try to "punish" people for applying for a CLI.  Why would they spitefully single out this person or that person for adverse action?  Sometimes inquiries appear on my file several days or more after I've initiated the request.  Maybe the company was considering a recon? In any event, they have the right to a hard pull whenever someone requests credit.  This is not punishment--It's a matter of policy and business law.

Message 11 of 13
dp321
Regular Contributor

Maybe it's different from states to states. Maybe also depending on if they need a serious look on your credit report (which I found weird, since they can just do a soft pull). For example, maybe ones that requires manual review by an agent will be hard pull? One that has a big limit increase or a very big limit (15k) going to a even bigger limit.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know this for a fact but I suppose one reason a ccc might do a hard pull when someone asks for credit or a cli is to document the fact for the benefit of other creditors, especially since the soft pulls do not impact your credit score.  I'm sure most creditors would be interested to know if one of their customers recently had half a dozen hard pulls on their file, though I get more than that in soft pulls each month including from companies I haven't heard of that might want to market a financial product to me.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.