cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured.... 1 year later, $39 fee and no CLI.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Secured.... 1 year later, $39 fee and no CLI.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@zerofire wrote:

BOA and Discover are some of the nicer lenders for builder's after a BK. BOA is obviously concerned if you burned them in the past but obviously you didn't or you would not even have gotten the 500/99 offer. That offer is what you get if you do not qualify for the regular card and you have to attempt to qualify to get the offer. Considering that the $99 is refundable if you don't burn BOA before graduating and the limit is decent for the deposit it is a great card to have. You also get the rewards on that card like everyone else. When Discover saw BOA pick you up as a client they wanted in on the fun too since you probably did not hurt them either. Having a checking account with BOA is their way to get you into the system and they don't make money on it so they have no benefit to play favorites. Remember to ask for CLI's with Discover online every 30-90 days at random since you have nothing to lose with a SP with them.

Thanks Zero. Wow, I am overdue for this. I was under the impression the first CLI was automatic. I think my head is spinning with too much info and didfferent banks and I need to start keeping notes somewhere on all these tricks. I will update how that goes after I pay off my Discover balance next. All that matters though is I am keeping my utilization low by multiple monthly payments. Smiley Happy

Right, BOA was never on my burned list. They kept spamming my online banking inbox every month with the offer for the regular card. I was declined and instantly offered that deal that was too good to pass up since I am rebuilding.

At 5 months a request credit line increase button appeared. When viewing account online.  Clicked it and requested 4000.  Got message that it went to review.  Later that day I had a 1000 dollar limit and the 99 dollars was back in my account.   Bank of America allsp provides free Trans Union FICO 8 online so I am not sure why you don't use that for your real score.  Also Discover provides free Experian FICO 8 to everyone.

Discover itself provides Transunion not Experian unless using Discover Credit Scorecard which is separate.

Message 21 of 22
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Secured.... 1 year later, $39 fee and no CLI.

I think frogman1 was referring to the scorecard because they said to everyone. The TU score is only for account holders.
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.