Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured Card

tag
tjw0783
Valued Member

BOA Secured Card

I was approved for the BOA Secured card, surprised since they were included in my BK almost 3 years ago. Smiley Happy Anyway, I was reading the fees and it says theres a fee for each transaction ( purchases)..Did I read this right? So anytime I make a purchase they charge me ten dollars on top of the charge? Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
HiLine
Blogger

Re: BOA Secured Card

Message 2 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

As far as I know, the BOA Secured card has a $39 annual fee and the $10 you read is probably talking about balance transfers. It's either 4% or each transaction or a $10 minimum, but that's only on balance transfers.

You can read more about it on their Terms Page.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@BrokaToe wrote:

As far as I know, the BOA Secured card has a $39 annual fee and the $10 you read is probably talking about balance transfers. It's either 4% or each transaction or a $10 minimum, but that's only on balance transfers.

Oh so that's where the $10 amount comes from ...

OP, a balance transfer is completely difference from a purchase. I would suggest you Google "balance transfer" to have some understanding of this term. Rest assured that BofA does not charge you money for purchases.

Message 4 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@BrokaToe wrote:

Oh so that's where the $10 amount comes from ...

OP, a balance transfer is completely difference from a purchase. I would suggest you Google "balance transfer" to have some understanding of this term. Rest assured that BofA does not charge you money for purchases.

+1 I've banked with BOA for many many years and have never been charged for a transaction. I had their secured product for a while too and still never saw any fees for making transactions. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
tjw0783
Valued Member

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol

Message 6 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@tjw0783 wrote:

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol

Instead, you should call them to add the Cash Rewards package to your card, if you haven't done that already. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@tjw0783 wrote:

Instead, you should call them to add the Cash Rewards package to your card, if you haven't done that already. Smiley Wink

Good advice HiLine! Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@BrokaToe wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@tjw0783 wrote:

Good advice HiLine! Smiley Wink

Just trying to spread the wealth! BofA is an underrated credit card issuer IMO Robot wink

Message 9 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

I agree! I love mine and have never had any trouble with them and they've been pretty good as far as unsecuring and CLI, it's been a great card.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.