Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA Secured Card

My credit score is in the mid 500 range as I am in the process of repairing it. My question is I applied for a BoA secured yesterday and was wondering if its easier to get approved? The person at the bank said that he didnt see it to be a concern.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BOA Secured Card

@Rickdoc1 wrote:

My credit score is in the mid 500 range as I am in the process of repairing it. My question is I applied for a BoA secured yesterday and was wondering if its easier to get approved? The person at the bank said that he didnt see it to be a concern.

they are weird sometimes and not always so easy despite it being secured.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied for that same card. I honestly didn't think it was possible but yes it is. If you are denied you can try for the Wells Fargo secured. They really worked with me over the phone even though I had no credit.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just got denied from boa. i need a secured card to re-establish payment history.

Message 4 of 6
revivemycredit
Valued Member

i'm sorry to hear that.

my best advice, go to your local cu. they sometimes don't do a HP. you can also do USAA (if you're eligible). both of these can be done without a hard inquiry, and both reports as regular cc. good luck!

another new secured card is overstock.com they seem to be inquiry sensitive but have decent rewards/cash back for a secured. 

Message 5 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I recommend SDFCU they wont unsecure but no HP and they report to the credit bureaus and good rates.

https://www.sdfcu.org/emv-creditcards

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.