Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎12-01-2012
0

BOA Secured Card

I was approved for the BOA Secured card, surprised since they were included in my BK almost 3 years ago. :smileyhappy: Anyway, I was reading the fees and it says theres a fee for each transaction ( purchases)..Did I read this right? So anytime I make a purchase they charge me ten dollars on top of the charge? Thanks. :smileyhappy:

Blogger
Posts: 3,348
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card

Established Contributor
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎05-12-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card

As far as I know, the BOA Secured card has a $39 annual fee and the $10 you read is probably talking about balance transfers. It's either 4% or each transaction or a $10 minimum, but that's only on balance transfers.

 

You can read more about it on their Terms Page.


border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Blogger
Posts: 3,348
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card


BrokaToe wrote:

As far as I know, the BOA Secured card has a $39 annual fee and the $10 you read is probably talking about balance transfers. It's either 4% or each transaction or a $10 minimum, but that's only on balance transfers.

 

You can read more about it on their Terms Page.


Oh so that's where the $10 amount comes from ...

OP, a balance transfer is completely difference from a purchase. I would suggest you Google "balance transfer" to have some understanding of this term. Rest assured that BofA does not charge you money for purchases.

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎05-12-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card


HiLine wrote:

BrokaToe wrote:

As far as I know, the BOA Secured card has a $39 annual fee and the $10 you read is probably talking about balance transfers. It's either 4% or each transaction or a $10 minimum, but that's only on balance transfers.

 

You can read more about it on their Terms Page.


Oh so that's where the $10 amount comes from ...

OP, a balance transfer is completely difference from a purchase. I would suggest you Google "balance transfer" to have some understanding of this term. Rest assured that BofA does not charge you money for purchases.

 


+1 I've banked with BOA for many many years and have never been charged for a transaction. I had their secured product for a while too and still never saw any fees for making transactions. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. :smileyhappy:


border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Valued Member
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎12-01-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol

Blogger
Posts: 3,348
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card


tjw0783 wrote:

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol


Instead, you should call them to add the Cash Rewards package to your card, if you haven't done that already. :smileywink:

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎05-12-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card


HiLine wrote:

tjw0783 wrote:

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol


Instead, you should call them to add the Cash Rewards package to your card, if you haven't done that already. :smileywink:

 


Good advice HiLine! :smileywink:


border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Blogger
Posts: 3,348
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card


BrokaToe wrote:

HiLine wrote:

tjw0783 wrote:

Thank you both...I was reading the terms page and I guess "transactions, Purchases" caught my eye and saw the $10 fee and didnt read it through. Whew..I was about to call BOA and cancel the card...lol


Instead, you should call them to add the Cash Rewards package to your card, if you haven't done that already. :smileywink:

 


Good advice HiLine! :smileywink:


Just trying to spread the wealth! BofA is an underrated credit card issuer IMO :robotwink:

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎05-12-2012
0

Re: BOA Secured Card

I agree! I love mine and have never had any trouble with them and they've been pretty good as far as unsecuring and CLI, it's been a great card.


border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.