Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured....Unsecured!

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Secured....Unsecured!

Yep it's a nice compliment to the Discover It and Freedom, pretty much have the rewards covered with those 3. Of course others may choose other rewards cards, just all depends on what kind of shopping you do most I suppose.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Now that's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 17
stormb28
New Contributor

How can one acquire $99/$500 card?
Message 13 of 17
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I can't wait until my graduate as well.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 14 of 17
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:
How can one acquire $99/$500 card?

It's only available as a counter offer if you're denied a unsecured card application. As far as I know it's only available for online apps. You can apply for their regular secured product without having to receive the offer though. But that one is fully secured.

Message 15 of 17
stormb28
New Contributor

So I have to burn a HP for an unsecured card and hope for the $99/$500 offer? Ill be denied a unsecured product.
Message 16 of 17
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@stormb28 wrote:
So I have to burn a HP for an unsecured card and hope for the $99/$500 offer? Ill be denied a unsecured product.

In order to receive the 99/500 deal you do. The also did another HP for the partially secured card after I accpted the offer. So I received 2 HP for that one card Smiley Frustrated But if you're just starting to rebuild your credit, then the HP don't matter quite as much. The new TL can actually have a positive effect on your score once reported. So everything bounces back. Depending on how many accounts you currently have reporting.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.