Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured question

tag
Mellykca
New Contributor

Re: BOA Secured question

Should I reapply with Cap One?? Or just got for the sure thing of Open Sky?

Message 11 of 16
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

Should I reapply with Cap One?? Or just got for the sure thing of Open Sky?

open sky scares me i wouldnt touch them. Re-apply for cap one but wait 6 months from the date u last had a hard pull. Dont go for the boa yet your just not there and its a lot harder to get approved then cap one. However, Do you bank with boa at all? If you do and have some money with them it might be worth a shot to go into the branch and try there for the secured they might be able to help you push it thru. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 12 of 16
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

I am in the rebuilding process and I was thinking that I should add another secured card. I currently have 1 WF secured and 3 comenity store cards. I was thinking about the BOA secured card... but I was concerned that I may be denied. I applied for a Cap One secured a few months ago and was denied. Is BOA pretty easy to be approved for? 

If I were you, I would find a local Credit Union to get a secured card. Too bad you aren't in Oregon. There is a Credit Union here that absolutely graduates after 12 month guaranteed....as long as you aren't late. I'm sure you can find a local credit union with the same type of guarantee....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 13 of 16
Mellykca
New Contributor

Is Open Sky bad? I actually just applied with them before I read this reply, although I have not sent them any money yet... As far as BOA, I do not bank with them because they do not have any branches in WI =(  

I would really like one more card to rebuild with, but it seems like I have very limited options... 

Message 14 of 16
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Mellykca wrote:

Is Open Sky bad? I actually just applied with them before I read this reply, although I have not sent them any money yet... As far as BOA, I do not bank with them because they do not have any branches in WI =(  

I would really like one more card to rebuild with, but it seems like I have very limited options... 

If you are having problems with Cap 1, go to the Credit One site and try their prequal, it does have fees I believe,
I would try before you app, don't know about Open Sky

Best of luck to you in your rebuild journeySmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 15 of 16
Mellykca
New Contributor

Credit One is not available in WI... =( Seems like living in WI really limits my options

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.