Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Secured

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Secured

Mine was after the 10th statement was cut and received. I probably could have called at #9 but wanted to wait and see.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

did they increase you cl or did it stay the same ? and i wonder if you still get charged the annual fee !

thank you for your answers

Message 12 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

creditcrap wrote:

did they increase you cl or did it stay the same ? and i wonder if you still get charged the annual fee !

thank you for your answers

In my case, there was no increase at all. I'm still at $500. I did request a CLI online after confirming that it went unsecured and was denied due to recent delinquencies (yea, right! My last late was in 2005 and have no baddies otherwise). Now my util is too high so I decided to move on. Now, my card is not the traditional Platinum Plus. It is a different product offered via BofA that is not listed in their site. I never had an annual fee.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it the 99/500 or the fully secured ! i got hit with $29 annual fee in my first statement (mine is a fully secured) that is strange !!!
Message 14 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

creditcrap wrote:
is it the 99/500 or the fully secured ! i got hit with $29 annual fee in my first statement (mine is a fully secured) that is strange !!!

Mine was a 99/500 counter-offer.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure anything is happening. Just have it in my mind the title on the account has changed. I seriously doubt it will grad yet. Tomorrow will cut my eighth statement and I don't know of anyone getting it sooner than nine. I have bumped from 300 to 800 to 2K and PIF religiously. I also used it a lot lately and PIF before the statement cut date. We'll see, prolly just wishful thinking. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was offered the $300+ BoA Secured card when my scores were lower. The offer is good through Oct 31 and I haven't done it yet. I have a new Credit One card ($200) and an Orchard Bank ($300) and I don't think either of those CL will grow very large. Util is 9%. I also managed to get an 8% $22.5k auto loan at a local CU last week. That loan is not on my CR yet, not sure how long it will take to report, and I don't know what it will do to my scores. I have lots of inquiries though..

Should I ask for BofA to give me a 99/500 now, just go with the secured, or wait and apply again later?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.