Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Signature card annual fee???

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

BOA Signature card annual fee???

I started out last August with the 99/500 from Boa. A few months ago, it unsecured and I upgraded to the Visa Signature Cash Rewards. Yesterday they hit me with a 39.00 annual fee. I called them about it and they waived it even though the credit has not shown up yet. I told them that I should not have an annual fee because the Visa Signature does not have one. The csr that I spoke with said they are sending out new terms on the Signature cards explaining the annual fee. So my first question is, has anyone heard of this? I don't think he knew what he was talking about. I assume that I got hit with the fee because the orginal card was an annual fee account. I later secure messaged boa and that csr said that the fee had been waived but it was for this year only. This is my oldest cc so if they do keep hitting me with the fee in the future should I just pay it for my aaoa's sake?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Signature card annual fee???

Generally, if you start off with a secured card at BOA , the annual fee is going to stick no matter what you PC to. Try the analyst backdoors from the sticky thread, that's what worked for me last year. Online chat and regular CSR's either told me the fee was never coming off, or they didn't have the power to do that-in which case i asked to speak to a manager, then the CSR came back and said the manager was letting him waive it for just the year.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 7
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

Generally, if you start off with a secured card at BOA , the annual fee is going to stick no matter what you PC to. Try the analyst backdoors from the sticky thread, that's what worked for me last year. Online chat and regular CSR's either told me the fee was never coming off, or they didn't have the power to do that-in which case i asked to speak to a manager, then the CSR came back and said the manager was letting him waive it for just the year.

+1

I would recommend calling the backdoor number.  I called when I was requesting my card's graduation from secured to unsecured.  Idk what I said that was so persuasive, but they waived the AF indefinitely.  YMMV but it's worth a try!

In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 3 of 7
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Thanks so much!! I don't know where my head was to call the regular service reps instead of the backdoor number *lol*. I just called and the analyst was super nice and said that I have handled my account so well and always pay in full (Thanks myfico) so she would put  in a request for the annual fee to be removed for good. Cat Very Happy  She said I could have applied for another card because I am more than qualified but I told her that I did not want to lose this cards history. So I got the fee removed and a compliment in the process *lol*  That's my kind of call!!  Cat LOL

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 4 of 7
Startome
Regular Contributor

Nice! Sounds like the best way that call could have ever gone =D

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 5 of 7
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much!! I don't know where my head was to call the regular service reps instead of the backdoor number *lol*. I just called and the analyst was super nice and said that I have handled my account so well and always pay in full (Thanks myfico) so she would put  in a request for the annual fee to be removed for good. :catvery-happy:  She said I could have applied for another card because I am more than qualified but I told her that I did not want to lose this cards history. So I got the fee removed and a compliment in the process *lol*  That's my kind of call!!  :catlol:

Congrats! would you PM the number that you called? thanks.

Samsung mobile
Message 6 of 7
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

Thanks so much!! I don't know where my head was to call the regular service reps instead of the backdoor number *lol*. I just called and the analyst was super nice and said that I have handled my account so well and always pay in full (Thanks myfico) so she would put  in a request for the annual fee to be removed for good. Cat Very Happy  She said I could have applied for another card because I am more than qualified but I told her that I did not want to lose this cards history. So I got the fee removed and a compliment in the process *lol*  That's my kind of call!!  Cat LOL

Congrats!

In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.