Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Story

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA Story

I have the BOA Privileges Cash Reward card and have had it for a while now. The AF is $75

In the last 6 months, my account has had unknown charges that not even BOA could explain since they were not fraudulent but seemed like a computer glitch adding transactions that were not mine on my card.

After going back and forth with them and finally after 1 month, I got a resolution. They felt bad and I got a call from one of the big wig apparently in the credit dept. He was very nice and apologetic about the whole thing.

He made my Privileges card AF free. I thought I didn;t hear well, but he said that he just made my card AF free and that i will never be charged an annual fee on this card. Gave me his direct number if something should happen with the card concerning AF.

So bottomline, I got a card with a $75 AF now free of any AF. Got to love BOA Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Story

Sometimes it pays to go through a little chaos with a company. Congratulations on the fee being waived permanently.

Message 2 of 10
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Ive been happy with BoA they have been nothing but nice to me.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Thanks.

I got the charges refunded to me (since I had to pay for them while BOA investigates)

But good to have no AF now

Message 4 of 10
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

When he waived the AF you should have asked for CLI Smiley Happy

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
Message 5 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

I recently got one from them so I thought it might be pushing it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good ending to a frustrating couple of months. Good for you!
Message 7 of 10
vish1
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

I would have told him that I am really happy about the way they handled the issue andw will like to make BOA my primary card but the CL on the card makes it a bit difficult to use the BOA card as my exclusive card.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 8 of 10
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

+1

That would have been a great opening convo to that.

Mouse over for CL
Message 9 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

I would have told him that I am really happy about the way they handled the issue andw will like to make BOA my primary card but the CL on the card makes it a bit difficult to use the BOA card as my exclusive card.

I would have but I already have a high CL with them Smiley Happy

Good tactic though

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.