Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Travel Rewards Card

tag
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

BOA Travel Rewards Card

Firstly you guys are awesome and have much more knowledge some of which I cant find even in a bank's official website. This is why I love this website.

This post is a reply from another post regarding BOA Secured Card conversion. I have a secured card from BOA and would like to convert it to a Travel Rewards card. 

Does anybody know how this Travel Rewards card works? I got the primary info that it gives 1.5 points per dollar and all that is listed on their website. But, where can you use them? No information anywhere. I SMed with BOA and the rep said you can use it for a discounted rate for hotel/flight ticket. But how does it work? Like if you have 10,000 points with the travel rewards, which travel partner can you redeem it (like how we have BA, United, Southwest, Hyatt, Ritz and the remaining for the CSP)? Or does it not work like how Chase works?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA Travel Rewards Card

@Chaselover wrote:

Does anybody know how this Travel Rewards card works? I got the primary info that it gives 1.5 points per dollar and all that is listed on their website. But, where can you use them? No information anywhere.

It's always in the fine print (taken from Travel Rewards T&C):

"A travel credit will be available to redeem for purchases from the Travel Center or for qualifying travel purchases made as defined by the following merchant category: (a) Airlines, Air Carriers, (b) Lodging-Hotels, Motels, Resorts, (c) Car Rental Agencies, (d) Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies and Tour Operators, (e) Passenger Railways, (f) Transportation-Suburban and Local Commuter Passenger, including Ferries, (g) Bus Lines, (h) Transportation Services-not elsewhere classified, (i) Real Estate Agents and Managers-Rentals, (j) Timeshares, (k) Campgrounds and Trailer Parks, (l) Motor Home and Recreational Vehicle Rental, (m) Tourist Attractions and Exhibits, (n) Amusement Parks, Carnivals, Circuses, Fortune Tellers, (o) Aquariums, Dolphinariums, Zoos, and Seaquariums, (p) Boat Leases and Boat Rentals or (q) Recreation Services-not elsewhere classified."

Did I just see Fortune Tellers in there? lol   Oh and you can also redeem it for cab fare whereas Barclay's Arrival+ won't let you do that (tried that when I was in NY).

Message 2 of 7
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

Does anybody know how this Travel Rewards card works? I got the primary info that it gives 1.5 points per dollar and all that is listed on their website. But, where can you use them? No information anywhere.

It's always in the fine print (taken from Travel Rewards T&C):

"A travel credit will be available to redeem for purchases from the Travel Center or for qualifying travel purchases made as defined by the following merchant category: (a) Airlines, Air Carriers, (b) Lodging-Hotels, Motels, Resorts, (c) Car Rental Agencies, (d) Cruise Lines, Travel Agencies and Tour Operators, (e) Passenger Railways, (f) Transportation-Suburban and Local Commuter Passenger, including Ferries, (g) Bus Lines, (h) Transportation Services-not elsewhere classified, (i) Real Estate Agents and Managers-Rentals, (j) Timeshares, (k) Campgrounds and Trailer Parks, (l) Motor Home and Recreational Vehicle Rental, (m) Tourist Attractions and Exhibits, (n) Amusement Parks, Carnivals, Circuses, Fortune Tellers, (o) Aquariums, Dolphinariums, Zoos, and Seaquariums, (p) Boat Leases and Boat Rentals or (q) Recreation Services-not elsewhere classified."

Did I just see Fortune Tellers in there? lol   Oh and you can also redeem it for cab fare whereas Barclay's Arrival+ won't let you do that (tried that when I was in NY).

I definitely read that but my question was not that. My question was whether you can transfer your points to a specific travel partner like how we do with CSP or does it not work like how it works in Chase. Is there a specific travel partner where we redeem our points as miles ? Not as it says in the fine print - airlines, lodging hotels etc.

Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 3 of 7
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:
 My question was whether you can transfer your points to a specific travel partner like how we do with CSP or does it not work like how it works in Chase. Is there a specific travel partner where we redeem our points as miles ?

Not to my knowledge.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 4 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:
 My question was whether you can transfer your points to a specific travel partner like how we do with CSP or does it not work like how it works in Chase. Is there a specific travel partner where we redeem our points as miles ?

No you cannot transfer points/miles. It is a "cashback card" for travel related charges, similar to Arrival and Venture. Not to confuse with CSP (UR) or Amex (MR) or SPG which allow transfer to partner programs.

Message 5 of 7
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

No you cannot transfer points/miles. It is a "cashback card" for travel related charges, similar to Arrival and Venture. Not to confuse with CSP (UR) or Amex (MR) or SPG which allow transfer to partner programs.

Then, I think Il transfer it to the cash back card, atleast I can get 1% on all purchases and use the freedom for the 5% categories. 

Message 6 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

The Travel Rewards is a cash back card.  Its pretty much identical to a Capital One Quicksilver, except that it has an EMV chip.

You earn 1.5% cash back on everything.  The only catch is that when you redeem the cash back, you pick from previous transactions to receive the cash back.  Since there are myriad different types of transactions that you can apply the cash back against and you can use it for transactions within the last full year, I don't even worry about this part.

I just like having a 1.5% card for any transactions that don't give a bigger bonus elsewhere.  I would rather use an Amex EDP as an all-else card instead, but Amex charges foreign transaction fees.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.