Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Travel Rewards

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Travel Rewards

just to clarify (on phone too lazy for desktop mode to edit) 2500 points is the minimum redemption and those are the values you'll get.
Message 11 of 47
NRB525
Super Contributor

Interesting. I've got a plain MC which I've had for years, that I'm going to try to PC in a few months to the TR.

Is your existing BofA Balance Transfer card a VISA or MC?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is a Visa.
Message 13 of 47
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Use this for my rent since i found out its coded as travel purchase 

Message 14 of 47
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@leoment wrote:

congrats!  I've had one for a few years and really like it.  No FTF and redeeming points (I get statement credit) is very easy Smiley Happy

Is there any minimum requirement for redemption?

Hi,

The redemptions do in fact start at 2,500 points, or $25. I'm not a huge spender but it's pretty easy threshold to hit since all my general spend goes on it.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 15 of 47
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
it's 2500 points for 25$ statement credit against travel, or 2500 points for a 12.50$ general cash back statement credit.

if you bank with them you'll get that dope relationship bonus if you got dat $$$$ in boa or Merrill

I do have primary accounts with BOA, and finally switched from their Platinum Privileges program  to Preferred Platinum Rewards. I'm told I should be getting an extra 50% bonus on this card, though I'll have to check my next statement to verify if true.  I'm hoping so, as that will make this a 3% card for me!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 16 of 47
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:
it's 2500 points for 25$ statement credit against travel, or 2500 points for a 12.50$ general cash back statement credit.

if you bank with them you'll get that dope relationship bonus if you got dat $$$$ in boa or Merrill

I do have primary accounts with BOA, and finally switched from their Platinum Privileges program  to Preferred Platinum Rewards. I'm told I should be getting an extra 50% bonus on this card, though I'll have to check my next statement to verify if true.  I'm hoping so, as that will make this a 3% card for me!

Actually, its 2.25% cashback, which i think not worth it at all. If i drop 75k in saving, im gonna go with citi, much more benefits

Message 17 of 47
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Actually, its 2.25% cashback, which i think not worth it at all. If i drop 75k in saving, im gonna go with citi, much more benefits

That cashback is correct for the regular Travel rewards card that is 1.5 points/$1.  I have the Privileges version of the card that offers 2 points/$1.  So, it should be 3 pts/$1.  I'll be calling an EO soon to confirm anyways.

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Look at the Preferred Rewards program. It is 20k minimum for Gold (25% rewards bonus), 50k for Platinum (50% bonus) and 100k for Plat Honors (75% bonus)

Checking, savings, and most Merill Edge accounts count towards the requirements  (20k, 50k, 100k)... If you rolled over your 401k into IRAs or put money in Merrill Edge brokerage accounts, it will qualify

Plat and Plat honors also include 30-100 free ETF/equity trades on Merill Edge, which is pretty good (Wells Fargo grandfathered PMA accounts have similar trade benefits, W

one question: For the Travel Rewards, I know it is a Visa Signature card.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this card DOES NOT offer trip delay/cancellation protection right?

(Was looking between this and the AF Marriot Chase card which is Visa Signature and offers trip delay/cancellation. Without those benefits, it doesn't actually make sense to use it to book flights, only for hotels or car rentals)

Message 19 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leoment wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

That cashback is correct for the regular Travel rewards card that is 1.5 points/$1.  I have the Privileges version of the card that offers 2 points/$1.  So, it should be 3 pts/$1.  I'll be calling an EO soon to confirm anyways.

The Privileges Travel Rewards card is no longer accepting new signups. It was $75 AF (waived if you are in the Privileges program) and 2 points/$1 + 10% bonus I believe... (The Cash Rewards gave you 50% bonus instead of 10%)

Also, the (Preferred Rewards) 25-75% bonus is not applicable on that Privileges Travel Rewards card. 

See: card eligiblility guidelines

This card (BankAmericard Travel Rewards) has 1.5% default + 25%/50%/75% bonus = 1.875/2.25/2.625 spread depending where you fall in the Preferred Rewards Program.

Closest card I see (without AF) is the Capital One Ventureone (2% redeemable towards travel only 1.25% for the no-AF version) or the Citi 2% (2% redeemable towards anything, but you must carry 0 balance to earn that 2%)

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.