Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Travel vs. Cap One QuickSilver

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: BOA Travel vs. Cap One QuickSilver

@pastnow123 wrote:

Both offer 1.5 point per $. I personally lean toward BOA as they have better customer services. Do I miss anything? Anyone have different opinion and why?

From my experience, Capital One has had far better customer service than BOA.  Also, I don't know if the Travel Rewards card is different, but with the Cash Rewards there was a $25 minimum for redemption...Capital One has no minimum.  Lastly, as others have said, with QS the rewards don't need to be applied toward travel purchases.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 11 of 15
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I have only applied my Travel Rewards points to travel redemptions, since I have so many travel purchases.  But I can apply all or some of my points toward any purchases that I want.  I have never found a situation where I couldn't redeem all of the points that I wanted to for statement credit against my travel purchases.

But if I didn't travel and I lived in the US, then I'm pretty sure that I would have a QS instead.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 15
Trivolve
Contributor

travel rewards 10% bonus points makes the total redemption rate 1.65%. but you need a checking account for that, easy just open an echecking account, no monthly fees and no minimum. but as everyone mentioned it must be applied as statement credit against travel purchases

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 13 of 15
nyancat
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

I have both. Capital One has far better customer service, and better rewards since they can be credited in any amount toward anything.

However, Bank of America has EMV, Capital One doesn't. So I'd go Bank of America, I'm afraid.

WHen do you use EMV that is outweighs the advantages you list for Cap One!  (And, as I say above, pretty sure soon all will have some form of EMV)

The UK and Canada mainly, but also - everywhere for security. Even if your card is skimmed in the US, at least if it's an EMV card a cloned card made from it can't easily be used outside the US. Which isn't much yet, but it's some improvement at least.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 14 of 15
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Trivolve wrote:

travel rewards 10% bonus points makes the total redemption rate 1.65%. but you need a checking account for that, easy just open an echecking account, no monthly fees and no minimum. but as everyone mentioned it must be applied as statement credit against travel purchases

The eBanking checking account is no longer available.  All of their checking accounts now have minimums and/or maintenance fees.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.