Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Visa Signature CL reporting

tag
TsuSurf
Contributor

BOA Visa Signature CL reporting

So i see that my BOA Cash rewards only reports the credit limit to Experian.  What do I need to do to convert my card to reporting to  all 3 bureaus.  I don't need a Visa Signature but I do want cash rewards and reporting credit limit to all 3 bureaus.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: BOA Visa Signature CL reporting

My BOA Visa Sig doesn't report my CL to any of the bureaus.

I think if it was a regular platinum it would report. Others can chime in.

Message 2 of 10
TsuSurf
Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

My BOA Visa Sig doesn't report my CL to any of the bureaus.

I think if it was a regular platinum it would report. Others can chime in.

I'm wondering if I can just request regular BOA Cash Visa with same CL. 

Message 3 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Both my BofA cards (travel rewards visa signature and  cash rewards visa signature) report the CL to EX but not to TU or EQ. I believe BofA is the only one not reporting Siggy CL ?

You can change to Platinum Plus and then the CL will be reported. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
TsuSurf
Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Both my BofA cards (travel rewards visa signature and  cash rewards visa signature) report the CL to EX but not to TU or EQ. I believe BofA is the only one not reporting Siggy CL ?

Does the platinum plus offer rewards?  This is the only visa sig I have so I'm not sure about others.

Message 5 of 10
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I downgraded from Siggy to Platinum Plus, and mine is  the same Cash Rewards 321.Just a different color, black, very sleek and nice looking in fact. My account terms remain the same, at 12.99% and no AF.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@TsuSurf wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Does the platinum plus offer rewards?  This is the only visa sig I have so I'm not sure about others.

As far as I know the card comes as Platinum Plus (no Siggy benefits) but the rest should be the same and it will report the CL.  I am sure BofA will change it to the Platinum Plus if you tell them you want the CL to be reported and forget about the Siggy benefits. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
TsuSurf
Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@TsuSurf wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

As far as I know the card comes as Platinum Plus (no Siggy benefits) but the rest should be the same and it will report the CL.  I am sure BofA will change it to the Platinum Plus if you tell them you want the CL to be reported and forget about the Siggy benefits. Good luck Smiley Happy

Does the account number/card number change?  I think I'm going to request this tomorrow.  Did you just call customer service or back door?

Message 8 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Visa Sig not reporting a CL is a complaint I hear pretty often. If eligible, the NFCU Flagship is a Visa Sig that I hear reports the CL. 

Message 9 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@TsuSurf wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@TsuSurf wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Does the account number/card number change?  I think I'm going to request this tomorrow.  Did you just call customer service or back door?

I believe it does. But it will take over the full history of the account and not change AAoA. I did it the other way around last year - new account numbers for the Siggies and  account  history taken over Smiley Happy Called regular customer service number on the back of the card.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.