Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Visa Signature Issue

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

BOA Visa Signature Issue

My BOA Alumni CashReward Visa Platinum had an initial CL of $1k since last June, and I was recently granted of full asking $6k CLI a few weeks ago. Since it became eligible for the Visa Signature line ($5k & up), I called early last week so see if they can convert the card to Visa Signature, and the CSR told me yes and that only thing is that i will get a new account number.  During this time, i noticed that BOA has reported a new balance twice, showing my new credit line on all the reports. 

Anywho, I received the new card today w/ new numbers...but no signs of it being a Visa Signature (didn't have the word "signature" below the Visa logo). 

Called the CSR to verify this info, and apparently in order for me to get this card upgraded to Visa Signature line, my MONTHLY SPENDING has to be $6.5k, which is over by $500 over my credit line...I'm like...WTH?  i told her that I have other Visa Sig cards w/ different lenders and none told me that i would have to spend over my credit line every month.

So, basically i got a new card w/ new numbers for NOTHING.  What gives? Am I wrong about knowing the eligibility of Visa Signature Lines (from what i know is $5k & up in credit line) going from regular Platinum to Signature? 

A lil' frustrated, I'm calling the EO and find out more about this, will keep you guys updated.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BOA Visa Signature Issue

What... That is a totally mis informed CSR never heard of anything like that, signature cards usally at minimum only need a 5K CL, thats it, none of mine require spending over the limit or any preset amount per month.

Message 2 of 20
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Just got off the phone w/ the EO, and he told me that everything will be fine, and advised me that I was given wrong information from the CSR earlier and he apoloized.  He did look into it and told me that I will still get the Visa Signature card, he said the conversion process usually take 2-4weeks and that BOA sent me a new replacement card(which i received today) to compromise the current account (Platinum), and I'll be receiving the new Visa Sig card in the mail within 2weeks. 

Moral of the story:  It is pretty clear that EO can see/ have access to more info of your account than the regular CSRs. From now on, i'll just call the EO if I have any problems as it seems like I run into more problems when calling the regular CS. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 20
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Just got off the phone w/ the EO, and he told me that everything will be fine, and advised me that I was given wrong information from the CSR earlier and he apoloized.  He did look into it and told me that I will still get the Visa Signature card, he said the conversion process usually take 2-4weeks and that BOA sent me a new replacement card(which i received today) to compromise the current account (Platinum), and I'll be receiving the new Visa Sig card in the mail within 2weeks. 

Moral of the story:  It is pretty clear that EO can see/ have access to more info of your account than the regular CSRs. From now on, i'll just call the EO if I have any problems as it seems like I run into more problems when calling the regular CS. 

It's a sad situation for the EO if they have to deal with problems that the regular CS suppose to be able to handle. In that case, the EO can just lay off those incompetent regular CSs...I am just saying...Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 20
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Signature upgrade, and sorry about the bad CSR. It's good you got everything straightened out. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

It's a sad situation for the EO if they have to deal with problems that the regular CS suppose to be able to handle. In that case, the EO can just lay off those incompetent regular CSs...I am just saying...Smiley Indifferent

A lot of phone calls to the banks are to make payments, report lost / stolen cards, or for very basic stuff in general. As such, most CSRs are given very limited training and also limited access to very private information. Afterall, it's just a minimum wage job with high turnover rate. 

As for the more complex problems, generally a manager or someone higher up has to step in. It is sometimes cheaper for the bank to have EO / manager step in to handle these complex issues, rather than to extensively train every single CSR. There's no point spending a lot of time and money training someone who's most likely going to quit in a couple months down the road, especially if those employees will be tasked to service lower end products. 

For higher end products, the service tends to be better, simply because of the higher fees and profit margin that comes along with it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 20
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

While, I was approved for Cash rewards card, I asked Analyst that can you make it Signature? Big NO, said wanted to see my payment patterns.

Oh!! It's wierd that they change your account number now of signature conversion? This is my idea down in futute?

Do you know, what happens to CR after this? Will they close my Acc and reopen new one (And report this) or Will my current Report for BoA will continue to being reported with new card Number?

2) Also, how did you get a CLI? I have 2.5K and want a signature soon. Please give me about your usage, and CL before?

Message 7 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you got that resolved, hopefully there will be no further hiccups Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

While, I was approved for Cash rewards card, I asked Analyst that can you make it Signature? Big NO, said wanted to see my payment patterns.   To be eligible for a Visa Signature version, your credit line must be $5k and up, so yea you have to let BOA sees your spending/payment patterns and build a good history with them.

Oh!! It's wierd that they change your account number now of signature conversion? This is my idea down in futute?  I don't know about this, but apparently that's what they did and I guess i'll be soon having a different account number (or the card number) when the new Visa Sig comes in.

Do you know, what happens to CR after this? Will they close my Acc and reopen new one (And report this) or Will my current Report for BoA will continue to being reported with new card Number?  I don't think my account will close/reopen as a new TL....more likely they'll just change the account numbers and the info on card (from "credit card" to "flexible spending account")

2) Also, how did you get a CLI? I have 2.5K and want a signature soon. Please give me about your usage, and CL before? I've pressed the luv button under my account options....it was a HP on TU.

Best of luck to you, I had the card since June of last year...heavy spend/ PIF 95% of the time, built a pretty good spending pattern/history w/ BOA.  If your account is under 6months, I would recommend to wait until you hit your 6th month mark (that is statement being generated) at least. 

Message 9 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

While, I was approved for Cash rewards card, I asked Analyst that can you make it Signature? Big NO, said wanted to see my payment patterns.

Oh!! It's wierd that they change your account number now of signature conversion? This is my idea down in futute?

Do you know, what happens to CR after this? Will they close my Acc and reopen new one (And report this) or Will my current Report for BoA will continue to being reported with new card Number?

2) Also, how did you get a CLI? I have 2.5K and want a signature soon. Please give me about your usage, and CL before?

No...the accounts continue to report with original opening dates. Nothing to worry about...believe me I think I have PCd at least 3-4 times my 27yr old card and it still reports as 1 tradeline with original history Smiley Happy  The account numbers change for the Siggy as it is coded in the numbers...issuing bank, type of card, etc.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.