Established Member
chefd2

BOA - Visa Signature

Why doesnt it? or how can I get it to report a credit limit?
Regular Contributor
Max09

Re: BOA - Visa Signature

chefd2 wrote:
Why doesnt it? or how can I get it to report a credit limit?

you can't. Signature cards have flexible limit. you will have to switch the card to a Platinum Plus to get it to report a limit. that's what i did with my BOA signature card. 

Established Member
FreeInNH

If I switch my BOA Signature Visa to a Platinum Plus will it appear as a new account on my CR and reduce my average age of accounts? 

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

FreeInNH wrote:

If I switch my BOA Signature Visa to a Platinum Plus will it appear as a new account on my CR and reduce my average age of accounts? 

Anytime you PC a BofA credit card the account number will change, but the new account will retain the history of the old account. BofA is most efficient in doing this.

Established Member
FreeInNH

[ Edited ]

Thank you, that's good to know. When they changed my Platinum to a Visa Signature earlier this year, it still showed on my CR as a 20 year old account, but I didn't dare assume anything about BOA these days. :smileywink:

Message Edited by FreeInNH on 12-11-2009 08:43 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}