Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA Worldpoints Visa. Annual Fee?

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

BOA Worldpoints Visa. Annual Fee?

Called three weeks ago to convert my platinum plus Visa to Worldpoints. Thought it would be a non-fee card like shown on their website. Came today with its new card #. Went online and it looks to me like there will be a $29 annual fee. Heck, appears to be the same old Platinum Plus Visa with Worldpoints "added"? If so, has anyone been able to get them to waive the fee, without actually "applying" (and its inquiry) for a new card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA Worldpoints Visa. Annual Fee?

Hi Otter,

The "World Points" is just a rewards program that can be added to most of the BoA cards. It's not actually a product change. When you call customer service and ask to switch to the "World Points Visa", you're not actually switching to anything. They're just adding the rewards to your platinum plus.

Try calling one of the Backdoor numbers to get to an analyst. Explain that you were told that you were product changing to a different card without a fee. Ask them to waive the fee. I don't know that they will, especially given BoAs current delicate position, but it's worth a try. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Message 2 of 5
ottergo4
Contributor

Called BOA analyst this morning, told me they could not convert this card to a no annual fee card anymore, and could not waive it either. Asked me twice if I wanted to be transferred to someone to take my application for a new card that had no fee- I passed. Thanks anyway LM, but it looks like I'm stuck with an annual fee as long for as I have this card. Oh well, at least I tried.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If at first you don't succeed, hang up and call again. Smiley Wink

@ottergo4 wrote:
    Called BOA analyst this morning, told me they could not convert this card to a no annual fee card anymore, and could not waive it either. Asked me twice if I wanted to be transferred to someone to take my application for a new card that had no fee- I passed. Thanks anyway LM, but it looks like I'm stuck with an annual fee as long for as I have this card. Oh well, at least I tried.

Message 4 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

For me, it's always been a hit and miss with BOA reps so if they say no, keep calling until you get what you want. I know it's frustrating but we have to deal with it since there's no way around it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.