Not applicable

BOA & Citi high APR?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: BOA & Citi high APR?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just chatted with both banks and found out after my 0% expires both of them are going to charge me 22.99%! BOA said that is the lowest they could offer, and Citi said once 0% expires contact us to see if any offers available to reduce it. My question was do they even reduce APR?

Yes both BofA and Citi will reduce APR...I did on all my cards that had variable with success but there is one that will never accept requests for lower APR and this is Chase...so I still have 22,99% on Freedom compared to  BofA 9,99% ...lol

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shame neither of these fine companies want anything to do with me. Smiley Tongue

BoA because of previous (Paid) C/O

Citi because of Inquiries (Their words, exactly.)

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Oh I am glad I did not realize that Citi is inq sensitive otherwise I would not have apped 😉. ..they gave me the highest starting limit with the most new accounts and inq I ever had in a 3 months period. It was after the Freedom where Chase had concerns about my spree and new accounts and gave me my record high APR. I guess sometimes you got to be lucky.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Oh I am glad I did not realize that Citi is inq sensitive otherwise I would not have apped 😉. ..they gave me the highest starting limit with the most new accounts and inq I ever had in a 3 months period. It was after the Freedom where Chase had concerns about my spree and new accounts and gave me my record high APR. I guess sometimes you got to be lucky.

Yes they are. 6+ inquires is automatic denial. Did they approve you for $17,000 or you took a hp hit and got it increased?

Nope ..it was my highest approval ever and I had 7 inq on EQ which Citi pulled and 17 inq total with all accounts less than 4 months...I guess I was lucky. Wonder if it matters if all pulls originate from the same lender?  Chase is holding like 80%  or even more of my HPs on EX and EQ. 

Message 8 of 9
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Yes they are. 6+ inquires is automatic denial. Did they approve you for $17,000 or you took a hp hit and got it increased?

Nope ..it was my highest approval ever and I had 7 inq on EQ which Citi pulled and 17 inq total with all accounts less than 4 months...I guess I was lucky. Wonder if it matters if all pulls originate from the same lender?  Chase is holding like 80%  or even more of my HPs on EX and EQ. 

Citi is usually only picky on the last 6 months, so how many of those were newer than that at the time of application?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.