Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA and Cap one

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA and Cap one

Does anyone know if these companies give you problems or do they work with you if keep them out of your bk?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA and Cap one

I have had a Cap One card since I was 16 (26 now...) and while I know other people have had major problems with them, I have never had any issue at all.  Their customer service is always very friendly, never done any dirty tactics that other companies have to me, always been great.  Then again its only a $500 limit card that I don't use unless I'm traveling and then I PIF, so I haven't really had a lot of chances for bad interactions with them. Smiley Happy

New to the boards so I don't know what bk means....

Message 2 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

Both banks are great as long as you PIF.  Emily...BK means bankrupt.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks DI! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you aren't carrying a balance, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to include them in a BK filing? Even then I have no doubt both will close your cards once they soft you and see that BK, If you are carrying a balance, I say flush em', especially BoA,

Good luck,

Message 5 of 13
thedaveytrain
Valued Member

BofA sucks, I can't imagine them working with anyone! CapOne on the other hand seems to be okay, I opted out of a ratejack last year, but they didn't actually close the account, and I noticed the other day that I have an option to reactivate it. I'll prolly do that once it's close to paid off.
01/25/10 - TU 709, EQ 729, EX 705
Message 6 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@thedaveytrain wrote:
BofA sucks, I can't imagine them working with anyone! CapOne on the other hand seems to be okay, I opted out of a ratejack last year, but they didn't actually close the account, and I noticed the other day that I have an option to reactivate it. I'll prolly do that once it's close to paid off.

I've had no problems with BOA.  I think they're fantastic!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My foreclosed house was sold in april of 2009, and the bank is looking for thier 150K, plus i have the second mtg for 40k.  My car is paid off and my cc are low 100 balances with 500 limits.  I would like to keep my card b/c its the only positive credit right now. I might close them and start fresh after my bk discharges.
Message 8 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My foreclosed house was sold in april of 2009, and the bank is looking for thier 150K, plus i have the second mtg for 40k.  My car is paid off and my cc are low 100 balances with 500 limits.  I would like to keep my card b/c its the only positive credit right now. I might close them and start fresh after my bk discharges.

Sorry to hear that.  I thought I read something about the balance of foreclosed homes were being foregiven through a government program.  Or maybe it was for tax purposes only.  I may have read it wrong.  Try researching it.  

If you don't have a large balance on the card, I would keep it.  That will save you from having to apply for subprime cards with all those fees when you begin to rebuild your credit. Good luck!

Message Edited by DI on 11-04-2009 02:16 PM
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope I talked to BOA and Cap 1, both said if I keep them out of the BK, they will shut me off when they do thier soft pulls every month.  Thats how these banks arent staying afloat.  If you have to file bk because of the housing market, why not have a probation period, and have that customer prove they can handle the credit line still...cut the limit to 200 or 300 instead of there nice 1000 limit. Serious ppl use your heads...lol!!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.