Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA backdoor success!

tag
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

BOA backdoor success!

So after applying online for the bankamericard travel rewards visa signature card I received a letter by mail stating the reasons for rejection. To many inquiries within the past 12 months and to many accounts established in a short period of time along with short credit history. I got inspired and decided to call the backdoor number I never have success by calling these numbers but I said with lets try again so I called and they asked me a bunch of questions I answered with the truth he put me on hold and then came back and said he went ahead and approved me for 1k limit my highest limit yet!! So excited couldn't have done it with the help of this forum thank you!

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: BOA backdoor success!

Congrats on your approval, glad you made the call!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 16
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats. So it your card still. Signature at 1 k?
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 16
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Yes he said he was approving me for the visa signature for travel rewards starting me at 1k credit limit so happy!!! What's the difference between visa signature and other cards? I have read a lot of people applying for a visa signature

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Message 6 of 16
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! I always thought Visa Signature cards had to have a CL of $5K or more. I guess that has changed.

Message 7 of 16
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

I just called to verify that was the card I was approved for and yes! I was approved for the bankamericard travel rewards visa signature card! I might do the happy feet dance lol what's the difference between the visa signatures and others btw

Message 8 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

A Visa Signature card comes with more benefits than a regular Visa card. The only drawback is that, with BofA, the actual credit limit does not get reported.

Message 9 of 16
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Congrats

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.