Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA card lost/stolen

tag
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

BOA card lost/stolen

I rec'd an Exp Direct credit alert stating that my card was reported lost/stolen. I did not, so I made the dreaded call to BOA. I had been laying low on their radar because of high utiliz on the card.  When I called the rep told me that my number came up that it could have been compromised at a merchant location that she couldn't or wouldn't identify.  I told her that I hadn't been notified of any of this.  She then stated that the letter was just mailed two days ago and should be en route.  Anybody else have this happen?

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Re: BOA card lost/stolen

They also changed my card number and are sending a new card.

Message 2 of 7
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

I have had this happen before with my USAA card.  One day, I just got a new card (with new numbers) and a letter stating the same thing.  I dont believe you should worry about it.

Message 3 of 7
zkder
Valued Member

I had the same thing happen with an HSBC card. Don't worry about it. I wouldn't even waste your time trying to pin down what merchant was compromised unless you went to a shady restaurant or something like that.

Message 4 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago w/ a boa cc, and the letter received didn't really unveil anything about the nature of the compromise either.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what happened to me last October.  I never received any information from BOA regarding how the card was compromised, even though I asked repeatedly.  The 'letter that was mailed two days ago and was enroute' (yes, the exact words as yours!) was not received for almost 2 weeks though.  In the meantime my card was frozen until new one was received in November.

Overall....left me with a very bad taste on how it was all handled.

Message 6 of 7
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

KC, I thought it was strange. I have remained quiet on the BOA front because of high utiliz, now I'm thinking they cancelled my card and my replacement shall be a figment of their imagination!!Smiley Very Happy Go figure!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.