Frequent Contributor
urgent_help_needed

BOA convenience checks

I miss the convenience checks BOA used to send me regularly.  The ones I have in hand from them are currently expired, and I'm wondering is there a way to request them while minimizing the risk of unintentional AA?
Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: BOA convenience checks

didn't think anybody actually used those things.  as you noticed they sometimes go on sprees, i received another set this week, don't ask (at least i wouldn't) lest they think you NEED something from them.

the online BT offers are kinda cool, those i use sometimes, not the checks.

i wouldn't be surprised if they slow down on sending the checks if you have a history of using them in the oft times backwards world of ccc.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Frequent Contributor
urgent_help_needed

Score_building, what online BT offers?  I have a Platinum Plus card but all I see is the option to transfer a balance from another card to my BOA card, which is not what I want. I want to use a convenience check to draw upon my current BOA card to deposit into my checking account. I have never used a convenience check before nor have I ever defaulted on anything so I don't know why they would be spooked by me
Contributor
NinComPoop

I used to work in their customer marketing department.  You can call there and request checks sent to you.  It depends on what you're using the checks for.  You probably can get a better offer if you call in or at least get the same offer they would send to you as a check.  The reps have monthly goals to meet so they have incentive to get you to do a balance transfer or ACH with them over the phone.  It depends on what you need the money for.  I will never do business with them ever again even though I like the options of their credit cards, but since you do I would definitely call to see what offers they have and just have them transfer the balances for you or transfer the funds to your checking account so you can decide how you want to dispurse the funds.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+