Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA conversion to rewards card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA conversion to rewards card

I have a BOA beige visa no rewards 5k limit. Does BOA offer conversion to their rewards card? Does this require a HP? Would this be considered a new account for reporting purposes? Any assistance would be helpful. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xvassagox
New Contributor

Re: BOA conversion to rewards card

My DW has the same visa card as you and BofA just recently sent her a letter offering a free upgrade to the Bankamericard Cash Rewards card with no HP. Same card number, same limit. 

Sock Drawered -
Equifax Bankcard 8 - 830 - 4/21 | Experian Score 8 - 812 - 5/26 | TransUnion Score 8 - 810 - 5/1
Message 2 of 8
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

I PC'd my no rewards alumni association MC to a Cash Rewards card with no HP.  My only complaint is that it takes them an eternity to get you a new card.

Edit:  And no, it is not a new account.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to convert my Platinum Visa (this was a secured card with a $400 CL in 2013 initially and became unsecured a year later in 2014) to a Cash rewards card.  My initial request was denied but was able to get a CLI from $400 to $5k but this required a HP.   A week later I contacted BoA again to see if I could upgrade the card to something else.  Long story short my request was approved.  But as previously mentioned - it took FOREVER for the new card to be delivered to me.  They told me it would take 2-4 weeks and they took the entire four weeks.  My card number stayed the same and it shows I have been a cardholder since 2013 - which is nice. 

Message 4 of 8
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Same here for me as for xvassagox and GeorgiaBulldog...received a WorldPoints Platinum Plus beige MC card upgrade offer from BoA, to their Cash Rewards MC in 2014  Smiley Happy  No HP and no new account.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

got the upgrade to the rewards card. Thanks for the help

Message 6 of 8
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the successful upgrade!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Excellent!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.