Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA didn't let me PC

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

BOA didn't let me PC

I tried to PC the 123 cash rewards to the privileges card.  They said that was the only card that wasn't an option.  That's wack.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: BOA didn't let me PC

you aren't the first. Someone here before tried to PC and was told that card is only for people with the large deposit accounts(though it says that is only to get the AF waived) Have you had your cash rewards for at least 12 months? it might be something about going to a higher AF card within the first year.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 8
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I haven't actually.  I had a different version of the card and pced to this one.  Thanks for the tip.

Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Message 3 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

BofA made their Privilege card "privileged" last month or so. Unless you can meet BofA Platinum Privilege requirement BofA will not issue a Privilege card to you.

Message 4 of 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

BofA made their Privilege card "privileged" last month or so. Unless you can meet BofA Platinum Privilege requirement BofA will not issue a Privilege card to you.

Do you know what the PP requirements are? 

I know at one stage it was average monthly balance of about $50K.  Last year I had that and got PP.   In August, I moved almost all my money elsewhere and haven't had anything like $50K since then.  My total assets with Bank of America are in my e-checking account, which currently totals $928.08      But it STILL shows me as a PP client.  Not complaining, but surprised!

Message 5 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

To qualify for the program you must have an active Bank of America personal checking account and maintain at least $50,000 as a combined balance in your Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your Merrill Edge brokerage accounts.

You must meet the qualification requirements in order to receive the benefits of the program. Your accounts will be reviewed at the end of each calendar quarter. If you no longer meet the qualifications at the time of review, you’ll have a three-month grace period to requalify for Platinum Privileges without any interruption to your benefits. If you do not meet the requirements after the grace period, you will no longer have access to the Platinum Privileges program and its benefits.

https://www.bankofamerica.com/platinumprivileges/frequently-asked-questions.go

Message 6 of 8
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

To qualify for the program you must have an active Bank of America personal checking account and maintain at least $50,000 as a combined balance in your Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your Merrill Edge brokerage accounts.

You must meet the qualification requirements in order to receive the benefits of the program. Your accounts will be reviewed at the end of each calendar quarter. If you no longer meet the qualifications at the time of review, you’ll have a three-month grace period to requalify for Platinum Privileges without any interruption to your benefits. If you do not meet the requirements after the grace period, you will no longer have access to the Platinum Privileges program and its benefits.

OK, thanks, that makes sense.  So at the end of December, even though I have over $900, I will just be a normal unpriviledged customer.  I will try to cope.....

Message 7 of 8
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Thanks Trumpet.  You are helpful as always.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.