cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA early graduation/CLI increase and Synchrony increase....Recon possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA early graduation/CLI increase and Synchrony increase....Recon possible?

Just short of 6 months from BOA secured Cash Rewards....Noticed the CLI link popped up and decided to try. Starting limit, $500, and now I am unsecured and have a $1,500.00 limit (requested 5k, took a few days for them to post new limit.) Anyone have luck with back door #/recon on a newly graduated card? I have NFCU Flagship $15k and NFCU Rewards $21K. Was hoping to at least get 5k on BOA

Also pulled the trigger on Synchrony cards I have and requested 5k on all 3 through chat, got $3,500 on all three. Does Synchrony work well with tacking on more through the back door number? Or should I try chat again? I have read that it takes 4 months +1 day for another CLI oppurtunity, but haven't found if they have a 30 day window on their pulls like BOA. Amazon went from $800- $3,500. Gap from $200 - $3,500, Walmart $700 to $3,500.

Couldn't have done any of this without this awesome community. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA early graduation/CLI increase and Synchrony increase....Recon possible?

Recon denied. She noted my bankruptcy, a paid in full/released tax lien that is 6 years old, and my short time since the account opened. Dn't know when I will have the courage to request a CLI again due to the HP. She did note that I handled my account exceptionally well since I use it multiple times a week and PIF weekly. So there's hope.....

Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'll let others chime in on your BoA question, but I can provide some information regarding Synchrony.  Smiley Wink

If your TU score supports it, you can call Credit Solutions and they can see if you qualify for a larger increase.  Note that they are most responsive the closer your TU is to 700 (i.e. under 700 they do still give CLIs, just not as generous).  They are also not held to the four month 'rule' that you have to abide by with the 'button' or via chat.  If your score supports it, you can get a CLI with them even later the same day you get one online.

It would be irresponsible of me if I didn't at least mention that some folks on here have reported AA with Synchrony, and it's thought that multiple new credit lines with lots of exposure is a driving factor in many (but not all) of the cases.  Many people on here are recommending that it's best to 'lay low' with Synchrony, while others aren't concerned. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I'll let others chime in on your BoA question, but I can provide some information regarding Synchrony.  Smiley Wink

If your TU score supports it, you can call Credit Solutions and they can see if you qualify for a larger increase.  Note that they are most responsive the closer your TU is to 700 (i.e. under 700 they do still give CLIs, just not as generous).  They are also not held to the four month 'rule' that you have to abide by with the 'button' or via chat.  If your score supports it, you can get a CLI with them even later the same day you get one online.

It would be irresponsible of me if I didn't at least mention that some folks on here have reported AA with Synchrony, and it's thought that multiple new credit lines with lots of exposure is a driving factor in many (but not all) of the cases.  Many people on here are recommending that it's best to 'lay low' with Synchrony, while others aren't concerned. 

Thanks for all the info UncleB. My butt is just going to sit happy, and take what I can get. AA is not something I want to mess around with. Hopefully whatever Synchrony is going through, will not be long. The only one of my Synchrony cards I really need a high limit on, is my Amazon. I love the zero interest and would like to keep my utilization as low as possible. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.