Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA fully secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA fully secured card

i applied for a secured credit card with boa on august 24th, i called today they said that the check ($ 850)cleared yesterday night so 35 days to clear the check !!!!!!?????

well i was told that i have to wait another 10 days to get the card Smiley Mad

i have a few questions about this card !

1- when it becomes unsecured do you still get hit with the annual fee ? if yes can they waive it ?

2- since this is the first card that will show up on my virgin credit report, i need at least 2 more, which ones ? and when do i need to apply for those?

3-i m planinig to use the secured card each month and pay my balance in full, is it a good thing?

how long will it take me to establish a credit score...my score now is NO SCORE, NOTHING

thank u guys adSmiley Very Happy girls

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA fully secured card

Six months of reporting to get a score. I am in the same boat.

If I were you I would get a Citi secured card, and an Orchard secured card, if you can't qualify for an unsecured card, and get them soon so they all age at the same time.

I made a mistake of applying for too many unsecured cards, and now I am on hold until 2009. Smiley Sad Bummer for me, but others can learn from my mistakes.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your first score after the 6 months ! and how hard is it to get the citi secured ! is it as easy as boa's

thanks

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My six months isn't up. My FAKO's are climbing though, not that they mean anything. Citi would have been easy to get, except I had too many new inquiries, and they denied me. Thats why I suggest you get it before trying like I did for unsecured cards. That way if the unsecured attempts fail at least you have your 3!

Orchard gave me a secured card no questions asked.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Crap. One month after I got my very first credit card ever (BOA $99.00/$500.00) ,I applied for a few more cards. I was approved for  a Capitol One card ($500 CL) for those with a limited credit history. I was also approved for a Chase Amazon Visa($500 CL).

Also you will still have to pay the annual fee on the BOA card when it becomes unsecured. Eventually they may let you change it to another card that doesn't have an annual fee.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 10-01-2008 04:01 PM
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but CCC's like you... I was denied by all. Cap 1, Hooters, HSBC regular, Chase, Citi, Best Buy, Circuit City, and of course my own bank.

@Anonymous wrote:
Credit Crap. One month after I got my very first credit card ever (BOA $99.00/$500.00) ,I applied for a few more cards. You may want to try for a Capitol One card for those with a limited credit history. I was also approved for a Chase Amazon Visa.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was declined by cap1 last july due to NO CREDIT HISTORY

macys too same thing !

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, maybe it was because I had a history (one month) with the BOA card. I applied in this order BOA 04/07, Amazon/Cap One 05/07 and then I got a second Cap One card in 06/07. I didn't have a credit score at the time because I was new to the US and that BOA card was my first reporting item ever on my CR.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, they gave me the too many INQ's result. Hooters, Best Buy, HSBC and Chase gave me the "Not Enough Credit" reasons.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

were you denied credit before getting the secured card ? i wonder if you still remember how many inquiries did you have before you got your first card?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.