Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA...grrrrrr hate them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA...grrrrrr hate them

have had a BOA CC for almost 1 year. $1500 CL. no derogs. Received letter in May. WE are sorry after reviewing your account we have decided to not renew your contract.
I owe $600.....now they raised % from 14% to 23%.

Going to transfer the $600 to another card.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA...grrrrrr hate them

Sounds like a universal default problem... Something change on your CRs? Excessive INQs or swale in your scores? Late on anything else?

Sorry for your loss. Smiley Sad

Rob
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What? They can do that? That's crazy!!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182 wrote:

Most Platinum card holder agreements discuss this in depth. BofA definitely does.

Rob
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was in MAY  before I found this forum. I bought an auto & was told my score was down. When I came in here I pulled my CR (for the first time) my UTIL was high but.... NO drog on any of my accounts. I have a history over 10 years.
NO INGS

I also notice on their site it now reads BOA and AMEX.   I have had an AMEX card for 4 years.

Think it was because of UTIL  but that stinks. I could see if I had derogs.
They also raised my % from 14% to 23%

In the Past 2 weeks I have applied for & received:
target                         $200
Walmart-Discover    $4000
WaMu                       $10,000
HSBC-visa                $5000
HSBC-mastcard       $5000

This brought my UTIL way down
So how bad could my credit have been at that time.

I now have  total CL (not counting BOA $1,500)  $51,000  which I do not need,BUT what the he!!

My EQ   was  688

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-27-2007 12:05 PM
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can send BofA a message by revolving a tiny balance (less than $10) on your card every month.

When a CC company pretends to give me good customer service, I pretend to use their card.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Most Platinum card holder agreements discuss this in depth. BofA definitely does.

Rob

That is soooo weird! If that's the case, why haven't these companies discontinue any of my platinum cards yet? LOL. I've had BofA once upon a time, but I decided to pitch them. Sometimes I have good instinct. =D
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rob

That is soooo weird! If that's the case, why haven't these companies discontinue any of my platinum cards yet? LOL. I've had BofA once upon a time, but I decided to pitch them. Sometimes I have good instinct. =D

In most cases cardholder accounts are not terminated, they are either CLD'd OR interst rates skyrocket... The latter being the prevolent method.

There are A TON of universal default clauses out there. Just make sure to protect yourself by knowing up front what the penalties are.

Rob
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Rob

In most cases cardholder accounts are not terminated, they are either CLD'd OR interst rates skyrocket... The latter being the prevolent method.
There are A TON of universal default clauses out there. Just make sure to protect yourself by knowing up front what the penalties are.
Rob

I never read my terms and conditions. :-x Is that bad? The only time any CCCs has increased my APR without letting me know is when I default by either going over the limit or paying late, which I'm sure is stated in the terms and conditions. Other than that, I've been good for the four years of my credit history. However, I paid late one time when I was as broke as Gary Coleman, how come it didn't show up on my CR? It was like maybe 2 weeks late.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
You can send BofA a message by revolving a tiny balance (less than $10) on your card every month.

When a CC company pretends to give me good customer service, I pretend to use their card.

hahahhaha  i love it. think that I will do that.  I will transfer all but about $50

they closed my account so I can't use it BUT  I can bring my bal. down far enough so it will be a pain for them to post it every mo.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-27-2007 02:17 PM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.