Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA has me irritated with CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA has me irritated with CLI

When I had my first BoA CC in 2007, I got several SP auto-CLIs--nothing big, the limit was only $1,800, but it went from $600 to $1,800 without a single HP or request on my part. It was a somewhat rude awakening when I opened a new BoA CC in 2013 and found out they were basically HP or bust these days! Ah well.
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

question: are we suppose to EXPECT auto CLI from ALL our CC lenders??? sorry, im newb to credit. maybe i'm going about this whole CLI thing the wrong way. enlighten a newb pls. thanks!

I agree with you here. I never expect an AUTO and will never be sad if I don't get one. If I want a higher line, I will request one. If it is an HP, then it is what it is. 

+1 Totally agree!

Message 42 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

I took 3 HP's trying to get a CLI (the BoA card was my lowest bank card limit) over a 16 month period - always PIF, never did get a CLI ended up closing the card and adding BoA to my "don't bother with their products" list.

Well that sucks. I have gotten to the point I stopped using my reg BOA like I use to because of no increase. I still use the NCL one for cruising since we get double the points and I can use it for OBC on our cruises. The Nursing one I got because it was JUST FRICKEN COOL to have one that said nursing on it. LOL

At this point, if they don't automatically increase in the 3-4 months like this rep said, I'll sock drawer them and use the cards that treat me better and only put a $10 charge on these every few months to keep them active.

IMHO you should be using cards that give you the highest rate of return anyway. That's just my 2 cents. Again, best of luck to you!

Agreed. My Sallie Mae is my lowest limit card by far. Over a year and I've never gotten a CLI. No way I'm SDing it.

Same here CAPTOOL.Smiley Wink 

Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RM21 wrote:

I'd like to add that I was in the same boat OP. I had BofA cash rewards card since May 2013. No increases at all while all other cards grew. I tried a HP and got denied last June. But out of nowhere last week I got an email and they gave me an auto $4K increase. This was with me being at 85% utilization on their card because it was mid cylce and I hadn't paid it yet. Very strange. I had given up on them for sure and was about to sock drawer it.

Congrats on the auto luvSmiley Happy

Message 44 of 55
audia4
Established Contributor

It's been 6 months since I called BOA and ask why I have had my cards for over 2 years with no increase and they said they would put it on my account that I'm interested in getting increases....DUH.

Well, I just got my first increase on one of the cards. From 8k to 11k. So it took 2 years and 7 months after obtaining this card for my first increase. Smiley Tongue

I just thought I would update

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 45 of 55
noobody
Established Contributor

My BOA card SL was 5K when they approved me 10 years ago.

Still 5K as of today.

Took a HP for CLI few years ago, declined for lack of usage.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 46 of 55
audia4
Established Contributor

@noobody wrote:
My BOA card SL was 5K when they approved me 10 years ago.

Still 5K as of today.

Took a HP for CLI few years ago, declined for lack of usage.

Did you ever try to call them (like I did) and ask them to "turn on the auto increase"?  I think it's super silly to have to call and tell them you want an increase...I mean why wouldn't anyone? But I guess that's the case with BOA???

I will never take a HP for these cards. Not worth it to me...especially since they are fairly decent amounts to begin with and I will really never actually "need" more on those (I have other cards for that).

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 47 of 55
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

I have 2 BoA CCs since 03. I have never received CLI from them without taking a HP. Somtimes I went 5+ years with out asking or receiving CLI. I don't know what is up with that but did not really bother me or I never thought about it twice. If I wanted more I called and got more.

Message 48 of 55
wmweeza
Established Contributor

My experience has been a bit different: I opened my BofA card somewhere in early 2011 as a secured card (99/500). One year later it unsecured automatically and then every 3-4 months I got an auto CLI until it reached $2400. At that point I wanted a $5k limit so I requested $5400 and got it...and there it has stayed, apparently once I requested a CLI they stopped all auto luv. I could easily ask for more but I don't see the point since my utilization is always low and I have other cards if I need to charge a large amount.

As with everything, YMMV,but for a couple of years I had some great auto luv from them!

Oh and I have never called in or gone online to ask that a "CLI button" be flipped on, at least not that I am aware of. Maybe if it was something done when the card was initially set up, but I highly doubt it

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 49 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the belief that credit reports and income lead to the amount you get.
I also believe that higher limits yield higher limits. If my Arsenal is littered with $10,000 limits, I have a better chance of meeting a higher limit.

That said, me and my dirty reports take HP's for CLI. After 2 years, I close cards that no longer suit my spend. They DID 2 years ago, but now, gotta trim the low limit, non needed cards.

All my philosophy.
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.