Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA hounding me to app for credit

tag
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

BOA hounding me to app for credit

Okay so I posted yesterday that I go an invite for the phoenix lifestyle world card, then I notice like 5 times in the last few days I got a call from a card servie company but no message.. I called it back today just in case it was a recent application needing verification or something NOPE it was BOA offering me a product called blue fish with worldpoints. they said they sent four offers for four differnt types of cards in there system.. I was a good girl and told her that although I really wanted to app for a good prime card such as BOA that I did nto feel that this was the best time for me to do it... I asked her about who they pulled she said they soft pull all three and HARD pull one random. I asked her how she got my information and she said that someone sent them information that I was a good cadi for thier cards... anyway Im so happy I didnt do it becasue Im not ready for a hard pull and decline or a new account to shorten my lenght of history. i have a few things that need to be gardedned and my UTI hasnt updated yet.  Then I think I will do the pre app site yall are talking about.
Anyone eles being hounded?
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: BOA hounding me to app for credit

Yesterday, I had a very heated exchange with BOA underwriter. They keep sending me pre-approved apps and when I apply they decline saying past delinquency. I gave a mouthful to underwriter, why BOA is acting like this. I could get 2 cards from Citi / 3 Biz cards from Key/CapOne/Naitional City and I have all my accounts with BOA and they would not apporve me for LOC. Underwriter starts appologizing but would not approve me. I am planning on going to the branch tomorrow and give them earful of my voice.......Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 4
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

see thats just rude. Dont bother killing the trees with these invites if you dont plan of backing them.... I will protest them just because of your unfiar treatment!Smiley Tongue
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If for no other reason, get the straight bank card, if you can, rather than an affiliate card like these Phoenix Lifestyles and blue fish or whatever cards. This is the big lesson I learned from my February app'ing. I didn't believe that I could get the real cards, so I app'd for (and got) several affiliate cards. (These have the name of a professional organization, or store, or sports team, or whatever on them in addition to the bank's name.)

The problem is that generally these can't be converted to the straight bank cards, so once you want to go for the regular cards, which often have better rewards or higher CL's, you can't keep the history.

Certainly not the biggest problem on the face of the Earth, but something to keep in mind when you're shopping for cards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.